Vincent and Lowdermilk

What's the story with Vincent? He's been a verbal for quite some time now. Did he have a recent transgression? Not do something he was supposed to do??

I'm not sure I've seen more FAIL in one thread in my entire life......

First, Lowtermilk couldn't get his LOI back because he was snowed in due to the blizzard. It's coming.

Vincent had an issue with a test (not grades). He's retaking the test on 2/10 and the results will be available on 2/12. If he gets a qualifiying score, he will sign with Iowa.

First, Lowtermilk couldn't get his LOI back because he was snowed in due to the blizzard. It's coming.

Vincent had an issue with a test (not grades). He's retaking the test on 2/10 and the results will be available on 2/12. If he gets a qualifiying score, he will sign with Iowa.

Thanks Rawk - that is why I asked! I didn't believe the grades part - if that were the case he'd have been off the board long ago, IMO. Test score another thing all together.

Rawk, You have been around these boards long enough to have seen way more fails in one post than just those on this thread. Your exaggeration seems a bit strong.

I believe the test to be his ACT test, correct?

Rawk, You have been around these boards long enough to have seen way more fails in one post than just those on this thread. Your exaggeration seems a bit strong.

I believe the test to be his ACT test, correct?

You're probably right....it myay have been a bit strong....but it was one after another after another that wasn't even close.

And you are correct.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. The point is he didn't qualify. Period. Not exactly sure how it works, but if you take the ACT you don't get your scores back two days later. Get off your high horse about "being wrong".

There's a big fella out East, dusting off the paper work and getting ready to fill the spot.

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry. The point is he didn't qualify. Period. Not exactly sure how it works, but if you take the ACT you don't get your scores back two days later. Get off your high horse about "being wrong".

Umm, I hate to break this to you, but there's a HUGE difference between not qualifying because of grades (which can be a sign of laziness or inability to handle college coursework) and not qualifying because of a single test score (which may only be indicative of not being a good test taker, just having an overall bad day that particular day, etc). He's retaking on Feb 10th and will know shortly thereafter if he qualifies. If so, he'll sign with the Hawks.

Whatever, Lowetermilk LOi is in the mail and Vincent isn't academically eligible. basically what i said.

Also, this is what Marc Morehouse had to say. Which makes me think we pulled the offer.

marcmorehouse marcmorehouse

WR Austin Vincent will not be a Hawkeye.

Umm, I hate to break this to you, but there's a HUGE difference between not qualifying because of grades (which can be a sign of laziness or inability to handle college coursework) and not qualifying because of a single test score (which may only be indicative of not being a good test taker, just having an overall bad day that particular day, etc). He's retaking on Feb 10th and will know shortly thereafter if he qualifies. If so, he'll sign with the Hawks.

Agree there is a difference, but if you can't score high enough on the ACT to make it into Iowa, then you are either stupid or have no idea what is going on. You can't chalk that up to having a bad day or being a bad test taker. You must have some sort of intelligence. I was just saying he's not qualified for the university. period.

Vincent will not be a Hawkeye according to Morehouse. He needed a higher test score and may obtain it, but Iowa has decided to move on.

One could make a case once he committed in June, he relaxed. He only had 16 catches for 327 yards in a pass happy system. The starting QB completed 284 passes for 4095 yards. He accounted for less than 10% of his teams catches and yards. I found four WR's on his team with significantly better production. Maybe he had injury issues? But I wonder if the ACT gave Iowa an out without backing out on a offer and verbal committment.

One could make a case once he committed in June, he relaxed. He only had 16 catches for 327 yards in a pass happy system. The starting QB completed 284 passes for 4095 yards. He accounted for less than 10% of his teams catches and yards. I found four WR's on his team with significantly better production. Maybe he had injury issues? But I wonder if the ACT gave Iowa an out without backing out on a offer and verbal committment.

2 of the other receivers were D1 this year as well and I think Iowa knew that. I beleive that he was more of a project. Nobody was impressed with his stats when he comitted, but we all trust Soup and KF. Everythign seems to work out the best in the end for everyone, so I'm not too worried about this. I hope that next year Iowa can get some good WR recruits, like Darboh from des moines and I saw they had interest from a 5 star WR (probably no chance, but you can hope). Would love to see some talent at the WR position again.

Latest posts