Video: Why Outback Bowl owes Iowa a rematch vs. Florida in 2011

HaydensUncle

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wf1ad206Xs]YouTube - Why the Outback Bowl OWES Iowa a rematch vs. Florida in 2011.[/ame]

Send these highlights to the Outback Bowl and tell them they owe us a rematch with Florida on January 1, 2011. Outback Bowl College Football Game - Contact Us

The Conference USA refs who blew this game were fired soon after. Iowa had 8 penalties for 60 yards, Florida had 0.

JD Productions, LLC
Music: Ravage Ritual by Zao

The old blurry version of this video has over 46,000 hits on youtube. Let's get the Outback Bowl's attention!

I thought it was Sun Belt refs, but either way, I was at that game and it was BAD...talk about major cheating to get Florida the win....

Did you guys see Bill Lynch run on to the field with his arms up like they scored a touchdown at the iowa game? He was celebrating a holding penalty...

Obviously a win vs. OSU would get people pumped up again, but this rematch would be awesome. We would kill Florida this year and a lot of fans would take great pleasure in getting revenge.

Oh man, not this again. Has Iowa ever lost a game without the help of the officials? I was trying to enjoy some beers at the Boss Bar on Saturday night and some Iowa fans in there a few spots down from me at the bar were complaining about the alleged hold on Clayborn on NU's first TD, proceeded to recite every loss where they felt they were wronged and I don't know if it ever ended, I left about 10 minutes into some rant about Jim Bain. At what point can Hawk fans concede they just lost to superior team?

Did you watch the video? Conference USA disagrees with you and fired these officials. The announcers clearly disagree with you.

Great Idea.
I would love to see the rematch.
I will send them a note at the link.
Okeefe4prez is just trying to get a rise out of you. Same thing with his avatar and signature. Best to just ignore him. Any logical person that watched that game or your video knows EXACTLY what happened that day.

By the way, just look to Vegas to see why those refs did what they did.

http://www.hawkeyenation.com/forum/football/17317-2006-outback-bowl.html
From this thread:
"the spread ended at Florida -1. There is no way to see the "movement" of the line, but a 7-4 Iowa Hawkeye team playing a 8-3 Florida Gator team IN florida, wouldn't you think the line would have been more than just -1?

College Football Betting, Handicapping Stats, Live NCAA Football Odds

so keeping it a touchdown spread at the end of the game was crucial, because we NEEDED a TD, and calling the dreaded offsides call matches up at least with the officials motive to do so to ensure the cover of the -1 spread and fix the game "

Last edited:
And maybe this time they can announce the teams at the same time so that the friggin' Florida fans don't gobble up all the good tickets.

Latest posts