Video & Transcript: Kirk Ferentz Discusses Past, Future of Advisory Committee

The below quote from KF sums it up best, IMO...

I'm not challenging, but I'd encourage you to ask our players about who they work with on a daily basis, and I would also encourage you if you can find out who's on the committee, talk to everybody on the committee, not just an individual, and see what they think. That would be my answer to that. We'll let the record stand where it may.

Porter has an agenda with the end game being Ferentz and his staff burning to the ground. He didn't get his way, and is temper-tantruming about it.

So now that KF has essentially encouraged reporters to ask them about DEI, will they? Or will it kill the spicy narrative that racism is rampant at Iowa?

My guess is that if reporters ask players and players say they're happy and feel like they're in a welcoming and inclusive environment, the same said reporters will try and pass it off as subordinates towing the line for their master and not being able to speak the truth.

Because, you know...clicks.

Did the players say anything about racial bias issues while they were in the program or did it happen after they left the program and were former players?

And to be clear, it's a good sign that players in the program feel better than some of those players in the past. I have written about it as have others in the media.

It's a good sign that there were only 5 players leave the program since the '21 season started. That's been written and talked about.

Kirk himself said that players were more likely to speak about and have a better perspective on their experiences in the program once they've left the program and been in the real world.

Again, there are positive signs that the program is making progress. That's awesome.

But to think that everything is fixed and everyone in the facility, all of whom were there during the racial bias, are educated on these topics doesn't compute.

I know I have a long way to go. I thought I was somewhat versed in micro-aggressions, unconscious bias, systemic racism, etc. Having researched and read on said topics pretty much non-stop since the summer of '20, I understand I have a lot of work to do in those areas.

And to be clear, it's a good sign that players in the program feel better than some of those players in the past. I have written about it as have others in the media.

It's a good sign that there were only 5 players leave the program since the '21 season started. That's been written and talked about.

Kirk himself said that players were more likely to speak about and have a better perspective on their experiences in the program once they've left the program and been in the real world.

Again, there are positive signs that the program is making progress. That's awesome.

But to think that everything is fixed and everyone in the facility, all of whom were there during the racial bias, are educated on these topics doesn't compute.

I know I have a long way to go. I thought I was somewhat versed in micro-aggressions, unconscious bias, systemic racism, etc. Having researched and read on said topics pretty much non-stop since the summer of '20, I understand I have a lot of work to do in those areas.
Genuinely curious on some things you need to work on if you're ok sharing.

Do you feel Kirk and his staff should all be fired?

And while I do think former players had an easier time speaking up, literally no one that I've seen has asked a current player to comment on what they've experienced since the summer of 2020. Maybe someone has. To totally ignore future players' opinions but give Porter an audience isn't good reporting. I'm not aiming this at you, but the Gazette has a quite obvious bias.

I talk to a lot of players, past, present and future, off the record, along with parents. That helps shape my views, but I do my very best to remain objective. And I have talked to former player that are pissed at Porter. I've talked to some that agree with him.

I don't know if Kirk and his staff should be fired. I didn't say they should be during the summer of '20 and I'm not saying so now. I don't feel I have enough information or know enough to call for anyone's job here.

I talk to as many people that will talk to me and process what I'm told.

Here's me asking Tyrone Tracy Jr. last summer at B1G media day about work done in the program. I have other examples as well.

The below quote from KF sums it up best, IMO...

Porter has an agenda with the end game being Ferentz and his staff burning to the ground. He didn't get his way, and is temper-tantruming about it.

So now that KF has essentially encouraged reporters to ask them about DEI, will they? Or will it kill the spicy narrative that racism is rampant at Iowa?

My guess is that if reporters ask players and players say they're happy and feel like they're in a welcoming and inclusive environment, the same said reporters will try and pass it off as subordinates towing the line for their master and not being able to speak the truth.

Because, you know...clicks.
Maybe that's the case, but if so, why does Porter now have that agenda? This is a guy Kirk picked to lead the committee, a guy he must have had a ton of respect for. Aren't you interested in what happened?

Latest posts