Video, Transcript: Iowa-Georgia

"CAITLIN CLARK: Yeah. I think it shows how tough we are. I think the mental toughness is going to carry us a long way. It wasn't always pretty. 17 turnovers isn't as high as we would like. We want to keep that number a bit lower. This is a tough game to win. You are in the round of 32. Georgia has absolutely nothing to lose. We were in front of a sold-out crowd. And I thought we came down and we were really tough at the end of the game. Got stops when we needed to. We cleaned up the offensive rebounding in the second half. Only gave up 2 points on offensive rebounds which was huge for us. Who knows if it was like the first half and we might not win the game. So I think that was, you know, huge as well."

Hawks played solid to the end

Didn't let the Bully Girls intimidate them

:cool:

"And I thought we came down and we were really tough at the end of the game. Got stops when we needed to." (me chuckling): OK, let's be honest here, it's a 2-pt game, under 2 min remaining, and their last 3 times down the court, Georgia literally threw the ball directly into an Iowa player's hands, for no reason. One of the weirdest end-of-game series of possessions I've ever seen. Hawks were very fortunate to win that game, 'cause I think they went what, 1 for 4 their last 5 possessions other than FTs?
Really happy for them after last year's 2nd Round exit. Hopefully now they can loosen up a bit, settle down, not hurry their offense like they did today which led to so many ill-advised passes, and focus on the game instead of the crowd.

Talk about a sore loser....Georgia coach.

Georgia's young women players I thought showed a lot of class in the postgame interview. The coach comes off as a very insecure person -- obviously feeling the need to tout her own team, even tho no one from Iowa had ever said a single negative word about her. She comes off as envious and insecure to me. Kind of sad, really. However, in this day and age, she'll probably become very successful there. Glad to see that attitude hasn't rubbed off on her players......yet.

It appears the Georgia coach can't read the stat line either...egads. Bluder had the perfect response:
Coach Abrahamson-Henderson said she thought Diamond Battles was the best player on the floor today. Your response to that.
COACH BLUDER: I think she was good. Was she the best player on the floor? She had 21 points, 1 assists, 2 turnovers. I mean, I'm going to be biassed and she's going to be biassed. She thinks Diamond Battles. I think she was the best Georgia player on the floor. But you have a hard time telling me that Caitlin Clark wasn't the best player when she has 12 assists and 22 points and 3 steals. Numbers are right there.

Wow, that coach is a bitch!

As someone with a masters in mathematics, I can tell her with 75% certainty that 22 is a higher than 21 which means her player didn't score more than Caitlin.

One more thing to burst her bubble:

Screenshot 2023-03-23 at 10.55.25 AM.png

Latest posts