Video Ad Player

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
As you can see, I have taken it down. It will remain down until I can find a service that does what they say they will do.

While no service will ever hit 100% no audio, as a few will get past the goalie, what we had was not acceptable. They have told me why it happened and believe they have fixed it, but I am going to leave it off the site for a while and look around.

In the mean time, I will be adding a 300x250 ad to take its place, and another 160x600 along the bottom right.

Very soon, the three local ads you see just below the HN logo on this page will be removed, and reduced to just one slot that will move over to the right...so the forum content will be higher on the landing page when your page loads.

On the home page, the tool bar will also be removed, and the one slot will move over to the right.

We'll keep refining things to work on a balance...the video ad player meant I could remove two ads slots..so I would prefer going back to that eventually, but not until I find the right partner.

Thanks for your understanding in that these ads pay all of the bills around here, which are in the four figures each month.

Also, the 'long awaited' recruiting project is getting closer and closer to completion..it will be live on this site (and dozens of other sites ;) this spring.

JD - can you just put up a donation bucket so those of us who want to run an ad blocker but don't want to deprive you of ad/hit revenue can do so?

Ad never bothered me. Some of you folks are so spoiled with your "ad-blockers" and your need for "silent web browsing." Maybe if you guys didn't have the volume all the way up to make the pron sound realistic, it wouldn't be a problem.

Can't you just tell us which ads pay you the most when clicked on to help trim some of this stuff down? Having that video ad player gone now has really helped improve moving around on this website.

As you can see, I have taken it down. It will remain down until I can find a service that does what they say they will do.

While no service will ever hit 100% no audio, as a few will get past the goalie, what we had was not acceptable. They have told me why it happened and believe they have fixed it, but I am going to leave it off the site for a while and look around.

In the mean time, I will be adding a 300x250 ad to take its place, and another 160x600 along the bottom right.

Very soon, the three local ads you see just below the HN logo on this page will be removed, and reduced to just one slot that will move over to the right...so the forum content will be higher on the landing page when your page loads.

On the home page, the tool bar will also be removed, and the one slot will move over to the right.

We'll keep refining things to work on a balance...the video ad player meant I could remove two ads slots..so I would prefer going back to that eventually, but not until I find the right partner.

Thanks for your understanding in that these ads pay all of the bills around here, which are in the four figures each month.

Also, the 'long awaited' recruiting project is getting closer and closer to completion..it will be live on this site (and dozens of other sites ;) this spring.

*holds breath*

JD - can you just put up a donation bucket so those of us who want to run an ad blocker but don't want to deprive you of ad/hit revenue can do so?

I appreciate the sentiment. I am going to look into the best such options that are easiest on people. Thank you

Id actually like to see more video ads, preferably one that can't be muted and auto-plays Deace's daily post from his awesome website.

Also a standings button tab on the app would be great.

Ad never bothered me. Some of you folks are so spoiled with your "ad-blockers" and your need for "silent web browsing." Maybe if you guys didn't have the volume all the way up to make the pron sound realistic, it wouldn't be a problem.

It wasn't the sound that bothered me so much, however the TCS ad would freeze my POS computer at work. Ooops i mean at home...

Thanks Jon... it was really messing with my computer. I was visiting the site less frequently due to the issues it was causing. The first time I accessed the site - after you took it off, I knew it was gone because my computer wasn't having any issues.

Thanks again.

Shut up, silent pron sucks.

Latest posts