Vandenberg

KOK seems to really limit the playbook on the road

well....I have a VERY strong feeling we get a FG on that last drive if KOK would do what he normally does on a game winning drive... RUN THE BALL. the one times I was ****** that he didn't run the ball..

JVB has not been good when he is under pressure. Our Oline has been pretty ppoor all season protecting JVB - given the weak opponents we have played so far.

The next few weeks could be ugly.

"I didn't have the team ready to play. We should have tried to score at the end of the first half. And I clearly should have anticipated the onside kick and had the hands team on the field and up another five yards. You can talk about this and that, but this loss is the fault of only one person -- me. I was out-coached, and I apologize to my players, my staff and the Iowa fans. A loss like this should never happen, and now I've let it happen two years in a row."

If Ferentz were a stand-up guy, that's pretty much what he would have said postgame today. But he said nothing like that. Instead, more mealy-mouthed excuses and innuendos and half-truths and more excuses.

It's bad enough to be embarrassed by Minnesota again. It only makes it worse when you refuse to accept the blame.

There's NO WAY Iowa wins another game this season. And there is certainly NO WAY this Iowa team, under this coaching staff, has any business anywhere near ANY bowl game this season.

What a sad, sad day for Iowa football. Why would any decent player want to be a part of this fiasco?

JVB has not been good when he is under pressure. Our Oline has been pretty ppoor all season protecting JVB - given the weak opponents we have played so far.

The next few weeks could be ugly.

Opponents D's play well at home and JVB does a really poor job of reading blitzes. Today he was checking out of fake blitzes and not checking out or real blitzes. He didn't recognize the blitz that he fumbled on and it cost us. Hopefully he gets better at this. Next week Mattison will be playing mind games with him all day.

Opponents D's play well at home and JVB does a really poor job of reading blitzes. Today he was checking out of fake blitzes and not checking out or real blitzes. He didn't recognize the blitz that he fumbled on and it cost us. Hopefully he gets better at this. Next week Mattison will be playing mind games with him all day.

This is, right now, his biggest limitation.

Talented but very enigmatic on the road. I am hoping his strong WR corps can help him overcome the "road' hurdle, but I am afraid our equally enigmatic TE's aren't helping him much. We need them to keep drives alive on those crucial 3rd down conversions we struggle to convert...

Latest posts