Urban Cryer

The real problem is that the rest of the B1G coaches have no idea how to cheat in comparison to coaches from the SEC, unless of course it is Ohio State. Urban going to OSU just gave osu a huge edge in the cheating department...one that the rest of the B1G can't even begin to compare with. Plus, being a sweetheart school, the NCAA won't do anything to osu or their little sweetheart Urban...until the cheating gets SO outrageous that even the NCAA will have to do something, not much mind you, but something...not enought to make Urban and osu stop cheating mind you, but they will investigate for a few years.

Best defense is a great offense...of course he is cheating, did he not coach in the SEC. If he didn't cheat there, he wasn't coaching...

He's mad that someone called him out on his B.S. or he's mad that he got called out by someone that does the same B.S.?

Meyer may become the most disliked coach in Big Ten history....and thereby becoming OSU fan's favorite coach ever

Words of wisdom... Urban Meyer doesn't care what anyone thinks. His job is to win football games, not make friends. Urban Meyer is like the honey badger.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg]The Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger (original narration by Randall) - YouTube[/ame]

Meyer may become the most disliked coach in Big Ten history....and thereby becoming OSU fan's favorite coach ever

My instict is that tOSU fans wouldn't welcome unethical behavior.

I've always thought tOSU's treatment of visiting fans is the best in the B1G. I've heard differently, but every time I've gone there, I have been treated well.

Last time, on the way out, some younger fans yelled at us, and about 10 tOSU fans told them to shut up. Several walked over and apologized, and told us they wished for us to go to a BCS Bowl, which we did that year. The fans that shouted down the younger fans, walked all the way to the parking lot with us, and told us that Iowa's performance, with our back-up, now starting quaterback earned their respect.

I was pretty impressed. I think we do a pretty good job in IC also. I had a PSU law school grad at my tailgate two years ago. He asked me why everyone was going out of their way to ask him if he was being treated well. I had to explain what had happened in Arizona the week before, and how the visiting Iowans were shocked by the treatment of the Arizona fans.

Urban Meyer walks into the B10 and is the best coach and best recruiter. Of course he is hated...he'll be hated more when he runs up the score on people.

I've always thought tOSU's treatment of visiting fans is the best in the B1G. I've heard differently, but every time I've gone there, I have been treated well.

Last time, on the way out, some younger fans yelled at us, and about 10 tOSU fans told them to shut up. Several walked over and apologized, and told us they wished for us to go to a BCS Bowl, which we did that year. The fans that shouted down the younger fans, walked all the way to the parking lot with us, and told us that Iowa's performance, with our back-up, now starting quaterback earned their respect.

I was pretty impressed. I think we do a pretty good job in IC also. I had a PSU law school grad at my tailgate two years ago. He asked me why everyone was going out of their way to ask him if he was being treated well. I had to explain what had happened in Arizona the week before, and how the visiting Iowans were shocked by the treatment of the Arizona fans.

Good story. My experience in 1985 was quite different, but granted that's now 27 years ago. Dodged several D batteries thrown from the upper deck that could actually have killed someone, and some pretty foul stuff from drunk fans. Of course every school has knuckleheads.

Most prior threads on this concur that Penn State tops the list for hospitable fans. Michigan & Michigan State are decent. Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa State are flat horrendous. MN/Indiana/Purdue/NW don't really count.

We could start a thread on this alone. Best places to go see an away game. Best restaurants. I've really grown to like the road trips better than the home games in many respects.

I've always thought Minnesota fans had a chip on their shoulder.

Last fall in Ames, before and after the game, we were treat well.

I'm not sure what to think of Bucky. They party. No doubt about that. They lose the game, and it seems they are over it immediately.

We were treated very well In Ann Arbor.

Can you tell I'm now excited about Hawkeye football again? I was pretty negative for a while. I got over it. It really gives me something to look forward to again. Up until the recent news, I wasn't sure I was going to keep buying tickets.

Urban Meyer walks into the B10 and is the best coach and best recruiter. Of course he is hated...he'll be hated more when he runs up the score on people.

Even if he cheats in order to be the best recruiter.

Even if he cheats in order to be the best recruiter.

Everyone cheats. Some are just better at it than others. It's those that double down over and over again that get themselves into trouble, but everyone's sitting at the poker table partaking in illegal gambling.

Urban left Florida because he knew the talent was not there to compete for a SEC championship. I have many Gator fans and they will agree!!

He is all about himself and his image. Drawing compassion from people about health issues before Alabama played in the NC game was classless. He could have waited a few weeks to let the world know he was (not) in bad health..

Look at me, I am Urban M and I need a stage...

I have had similar treatment in Columbus....we had one younger idiot talking, and he was told to kindly shut up by other Buckeye fans. As for Urban Meyer, still can't stand him and I fear our chances of winning a B1G title have greatly diminished since he has joined the conference. He will actually have an aggressive offensive and defensive scheme with top notch talent unlike his predecessor Mr. Sweatervest. Crucify if you want, this is just my realistic opinion.

Urban left Florida because he knew the talent was not there to compete for a SEC championship. I have many Gator fans and they will agree!!

He is all about himself and his image. Drawing compassion from people about health issues before Alabama played in the NC game was classless. He could have waited a few weeks to let the world know he was (not) in bad health..

Look at me, I am Urban M and I need a stage...

Did he decide that after winning the NC after the 2006 season or after winning the NC after the 2008 season or was it after going 13-1 in the 2009 season?

Latest posts