UNLV - Next Football Powerhouse?

ssckelley

I was reading through some of the blogs on Yahoo and learned Vegas might drop $900 million on a new football complex. A complex that will feature a 100 yard long video screen!

Vegas doing it big: UNLV

Vegas is all about putting on a show that is bigger and over the top of anything else and this stadium could do it for college football. At minimum I think this would start a new bowl game, or dramatically improve the Las Vegas Bowl. It should make recruiting at UNLV pretty easy.

They would go from this:

badgersvsunlv.gif

To playing in this:

boxing_ufc_shows_could_help_make_unlv_football_stadium_a_reality.jpg

unlv-football-stadium-100-yard-scoreboard.jpg

Nice. Why not get a professional team and use the facilities for both college and the pro team. They would make a killing.

Sure they would but would the NFL ever allow a team to be placed in a city best known for gambling?

Besides the stadium will only fit 68,000, which is a little small for an NFL venue. It is also being built with boxing and UFC in mind. With that video screen going to an event like that would be awesome.

Sure they would but would the NFL ever allow a team to be placed in a city best known for gambling?

Besides the stadium will only fit 68,000, which is a little small for an NFL venue. It is also being built with boxing and UFC in mind. With that video screen going to an event like that would be awesome.

It would be bigger than 12 current NFL stadiums.

No they will not be a powerhouse, one reason is they will never be eligible for a bowl. UNLV would be the offspring of U$C and O$U if they were to have a baby, way too many things out here for kid to get caught up in (and readily available) they wouldn't have enough players to field a team if they actually had the ability to land top recruits.

Only good thing about it is it would be on campus.

They tried to build a basketball powerhouse back in the day, i am sure Larry Johnson and Stacy Augmon still get money handshakes everytime they step foot in vegas, it ain't happen, vegas baby, VEGAS.

They tried to build a basketball powerhouse back in the day, i am sure Larry Johnson and Stacy Augmon still get money handshakes everytime they step foot in vegas, it ain't happen, vegas baby, VEGAS.

Pretty sure they did more than try.

Don't forget Hunt and Butler. After all, they were the guys in the hot tub.

UNLV football is about #10 on the list of why that is being built. They will just be lucky enough to play their home games there.

One cool thing they could do is play multiple games on the video screen during their game that way when UNLV is getting blown out by Wyoming you can watch the epic battle of Iowa VS UNI!!

Latest posts