UNI sneak peek

I

Ian Pike Hammer

Panthers are 4-5 on the year
2-0 at home, 0-3 away
They avg. 68.8 ppg on off. but give up 70.3 on def.
They like to play slow but have been forced to speed up their game lately and can not hang with better competition this year.
They avg 11.1 assists per game with a bad a/to ratio, so they will turn the ball over
They shoot 40.2% from the floor but only 30.3% from 3 land
They are an excellent FT shooting team connecting at a 75.7% clip

A. J. Green is their highly touted freshman and leads the team in scoring at 15.8 ppg and 28 mins per
He is the only player scoring in double digits but the other 4 starters all avg 8-9 ppg
Green is shooting 41.7% from the floor and 34% from beyond the arc
He is a 92.6% FT shooter

Iowa should be favored by 10 points at least [my guess]
We can't afford to drop the ball on this game

Panthers are 4-5 on the year
2-0 at home, 0-3 away
They avg. 68.8 ppg on off. but give up 70.3 on def.
They like to play slow but have been forced to speed up their game lately and can not hang with better competition this year.
They avg 11.1 assists per game with a bad a/to ratio, so they will turn the ball over
They shoot 40.2% from the floor but only 30.3% from 3 land
They are an excellent FT shooting team connecting at a 75.7% clip

A. J. Green is their highly touted freshman and leads the team in scoring at 15.8 ppg and 28 mins per
He is the only player scoring in double digits but the other 4 starters all avg 8-9 ppg
Green is shooting 41.7% from the floor and 34% from beyond the arc
He is a 92.6% FT shooter

Iowa should be favored by 10 points at least [my guess]
We can't afford to drop the ball on this game

2 of UNI's 4 wins are against non DI teams in Bemidji State and Dubuque. The other 2 wins were by a combined 6 points against Old Dominion and Eastern Kentucky. A.J. Green is their best player but as freshman has been turnover prone having a 1-2 assist to turnover ratio. I agree, the Hawks should win by double digits and I wouldn't be surprised if the spread is closer to 15.

Hopefully Fran gets the team to show up to play these next 4 games and not just going through the motions.

UNI trailed Dubuque at home last weekend by 12 in the second half before waking up and scratching out a close win. This is not one of Jacobsen's better teams - they are currently last in the MVC at 4-5. Hawks should win comfortably.

It’s a MUST WIN. Rarely UNI is this bad. Here’s praying we don’t have a hangover from ISU and finals week