UNI - I Take Back Everything I Said!!

eccpanther

I take back everything I said about UNI not being able to beat a quality team...... On that note I still don't want Ben Jacobson as the new coach. But, Congrats to the Panthers on a great win!!!!!!

I take back everything I said about UNI not being able to beat a quality team...... On that note I still don't want Ben Jacobson as the new coach. But, Congrats to the Panthers on a great win!!!!!!

UNI plays great defense.. this was a great defensive plan by the coaching staff, and great execution by the players. AMAZING game.

+1

But just heard on ESPN radio that the Iowa job is Jacobson's if he wants it. Sources say Barta wants Ben badly.

Great, so Iowa hires a coach based on nice runs in tournaments. How about a coach that can beat a team like Kansas during 16-18 games a season, not once?

+1

But just heard on ESPN radio that the Iowa job is Jacobson's if he wants it. Sources say Barta wants Ben badly.

Great, so Iowa hires a coach based on nice runs in tournaments. How about a coach that can beat a team like Kansas during 16-18 games a season, not once?

Ok... here is the deal... Ben Jacobsens game plan, his in-game coaching, and his players execution... WAS PERFECT IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD!!!!

I have said I don't want Jacobsen, but I would not be upset if he were brought in. He has good relationships with his players, he is a good recruiter... and as I said, his in-game coaching surpasses that of McDermott by a ton!

I don't buy what ESPN is smoking... but I wouldn't be upset.. and of course they are going to report that immediately after UNI pulls the biggest upset of the tourney.

And well you should. jacobson out coached two of the best coaches in the NCAA.

I don't care really I LOVE watching these Panthers...I'm not going to lie...I'm open to Jacobsen coaching the Hawks...and don't give me crap about recruiting those UNI players were DANG athletic...The Cook oop..or the Farokmanesh pass...or anything...it's BS..Iowa could have used ANY players that UNI utilizes this year. And at least they hustle...

Don't know that you could say he outcoached Self. UNI won. He didn't will Jordan to make two threes. He didn't cause the best point guard in America to have a terrible shooting game. He didn't cause Kansas to have two offensive fouls in the last minute. He didn't tell Ali to take a bad shot with 30 seconds left. He couldn't do much against Kansas full court pressure. If Ali didn't make that shot Jake would be getting killed right now. He is a good coach but there are a lot of them out there.

I don't care really I LOVE watching these Panthers...I'm not going to lie...I'm open to Jacobsen coaching the Hawks...and don't give me crap about recruiting those UNI players were DANG athletic...The Cook oop..or the Farokmanesh pass...or anything...it's BS..Iowa could have used ANY players that UNI utilizes this year. And at least they hustle...

This UNI team would have competed in the b10 and made the tournament still. The main core of players for UNI would have been starters at Iowa... I am on your side.. I am definitely OPEN to the idea. Still not in my top 3, but I can't say anything bad about the guy. Butler fans questioned Licks relationship with his players when he came here... There is nobody that would question Jake's relationship with his players....

Don't know that you could say he outcoached Self. UNI won. He didn't will Jordan to make two threes. He didn't cause the best point guard in America to have a terrible shooting game. He didn't cause Kansas to have two offensive fouls in the last minute. He didn't tell Ali to take a bad shot with 30 seconds left. He couldn't do much against Kansas full court pressure. If Ali didn't make that shot Jake would be getting killed right now. He is a good coach but there are a lot of them out there.

Only bad if you miss....

but I get your point.

Folks, Jacobson is a good coach but could this team and his style compete against the Kansas caliber teams for an 18 game schedule?? This is the most important thing for me. We've already gone down this road 3 years ago and 8 years before that. No thank you! This wouldn't fill Carver anymore than it already is (or isn't). If Barta hires Jacobson, then I'd ask why not just keep Lick around and save money and keep recruits??

UNI played some great D but Kansas could not hit the broad side of the barn. Their ball handleing and shooting were both awful at times while UNI shot very well. If not for some late turnovers, UNI would have won comfortably.

Latest posts