UNFINISHED BUSINESS

Hawkman1961

TO ALL HAWKEYS THAT CAN COME BACK PLEASE DO YOU HAVE UNFINISHED WORK TO DO. LET'S GO HAWKS LET'S GO HAWKS, LET'S GO HAWKS !!!!!

It is time for a change, lets see what the new kids can do........though I would not be unhappy to see Luka back, or even JBo, there is no way that Luka will out do what he has done the past two years, and a repeat of the old guard may have a stagnating effect on the future of the program. We saw flashes this year, and with the expectation that next year will be a .500 year, maybe NIT, maybe there is still reason to hope that someday, maybe, we can get beyond the round of 32

i thought about this today... one of the reasons they wont come back is the young guys.

You'd basically be forcing other players to hit the bench for another year - and they don't get an extra year.

so you'd be fucking over the recruits.

It's finished business.

We won't be this experienced again for a long time, and I will be shocked if we 14-6 the league again.

Our athleticism will go up next year, but I bet our turnovers do as well.

Our defense will be better but out outside shooting will go down.

Maybe being a little under the radar will work to our benefit.

It's finished business.

We won't be this experienced again for a long time, and I will be shocked if we 14-6 the league again.

We need a down conference and a favorable schedule to help offset the drop off some. I'm really hoping Wieskamp comes back and Nunge and CJ stay healthy all year. Next year could look way different. I think we can score prerry good with CJ, Wieskamp, Murray, and Nunge. Our defense could be really good. The one unfortunate thing is the one thing Connor is really good at is far less important next year. I'm hoping he either somehow improves a lot or Fran recognizes he's not as important. Anything more than 20 minutes a game would be bad in my opinion.

We need a coach that can game plan and adjust when teams figure you out. Until that happens, we just saw the pinnacle for a long time.

Hawks are pretty far away from the level of play needed to compete for
If CJ and Nunge were health all year there is a really good chance we would have gotten a 1 seed.
And what, lose to a 9 seed? Watching ball today, Iowa was the laziest lackluster team I saw by far. That cuts deep.

Hawks are pretty far away from the level of play needed to compete for anything.
You make two stupid errors in one sentence. First they are not “far away” from being really competitive. And, they are already really competitive. Nice try.

Hawks are pretty far away from the level of play needed to compete for

And what, lose to a 9 seed? Watching ball today, Iowa was the laziest lackluster team I saw by far. That cuts deep.
No, they would have lost to an 8 because they would have probably been in Illinois spot.

You make two stupid errors in one sentence. First they are not “far away” from being really competitive. And, they are already really competitive. Nice try.
? You think Iowa is built to compete for Conf and National Titles? Not even close. Giving 100% effort in big games would be a good start. Luka exempted..

It's finished business.

I think this is 100% spot on. All the pros and cons such as being more athletic but turning the ball over more and a better defense but less outside shooting are a wash in my opinion.
The way I see it these are not negatives or positives but just perspectives. The identity of the team will change and that can be good or bad, but we have no way of knowing at this time. All we know is that it will be different and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

You know, with the new group I would love to see us press a lot more, like the entire game. We need to speed it up. If teams are going to score, which they will, lets force them to turn the ball over to limit that scoring. I hope we just run and gun. Less then 10 seconds a possession. Grinnell south.

You know, with the new group I would love to see us press a lot more, like the entire game. We need to speed it up. If teams are going to score, which they will, lets force them to turn the ball over to limit that scoring. I hope we just run and gun. Less then 10 seconds a possession. Grinnell south.
Iowa wants to give up 100 a game? They already almost do that TRYING to play D.