underwhelmed by Atwood's videos

Hes got a great midrange shot. Does well getting to the line. Can shoot the 3. With that said, he plays zero defense, doesn’t block out or rebound, and forces a lot of shots. Would’ve taken him in a heartbeat, but this gives White the opportunity to play the 4.

If we get Huff, I’ll forget about Atwood pretty quickly.

These threads are gonna get progressively more hyperbolic, I think, as the night goes on. "Atwood wouldn't be good enough to play on my intramural basketball team!"

Last edited:
These threads are gonna get progressively more hyperbolic, I think, as the night goes on. "Atwood wouldn't good enough to play on my intramural basketball team!"

No, not that. He could have played (and probably even started) on my intramural team, but I think he is more of a Drake or Valparaiso caliber player than an Iowa caliber player. Dude just isn't that good and I'm not sure what the staff saw in him.

No, not that. He could have played (and probably even started) on my intramural team, but I think he is more of a Drake or Valparaiso caliber player than an Iowa caliber player. Dude just isn't that good and I'm not sure what the staff saw in him.
Totally agree. For sure.

Wow I feel sorry for your intramural team.

Much like last year, I think a volume shooter hurts the rest of the offense. With Atwood gone, we can run a more inside-out game. It wouldn't surprise me if Woodberry went 15-10 next season, just because of more emphasis on post play and increased ball movement. We don't need another black hole on offense.

I agree he isn't an impressive player. Fran had schollies to burn, and needed warm bodies on the team. Even if Atwood got playing time, I don't think he'd be effective in Iowa's offense. I think the reason he decided to go to a terrible program like ASU is because he saw opportunities for playing time, whereas at Iowa he would be on the bench behind upperclassmen, probably just filling McCabe's 12 minutes/5 fouls role.

Much like last year, I think a volume shooter hurts the rest of the offense. With Atwood gone, we can run a more inside-out game. It wouldn't surprise me if Woodberry went 15-10 next season, just because of more emphasis on post play and increased ball movement. We don't need another black hole on offense.

I agree he isn't an impressive player. Fran had schollies to burn, and needed warm bodies on the team. Even if Atwood got playing time, I don't think he'd be effective in Iowa's offense. I think the reason he decided to go to a terrible program like ASU is because he saw opportunities for playing time, whereas at Iowa he would be on the bench behind upperclassmen, probably just filling McCabe's 12 minutes/5 fouls role.

Agree 100%.

Youtube? Heck I played this guy 1 on 1 and beat him easily. But I am disappointed that he chose not to go to Iowa, he folds towels better than anyone I ever seen. He would have made one heck of a team manager.

I heard he can cheer really well. He could have filled Stokes roll nicely as the guy at the end of the bench who goes nuts when something cool happens.

I heard he can cheer really well. He could have filled Stokes roll nicely as the guy at the end of the bench who goes nuts when something cool happens.

Speaking of cheer well, does anyone know if this guy is back next year? It's hard to replace guys like that.

[video=youtube;NFjMhtIZeK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFjMhtIZeK8[/video]

I played him against him in a nerf basketbal basketball 3:3 tournament. I swatted his sh&t away ... :)

I think Atwood would have been a great addition and would have logged some serious minutes and we absolutely could have used him. But, life goes on and Atwood made his decision. I was "surprised" he picked ASU ... Now if we lost out to Arizona - okay, I get it ... but ASU?

I think that's a little optimistic. I expect 14 points, 8 rebounds, 5 blocks, 7 assists (I think we'll see a lot of inside out game) and 1-2 steals per game out of Woodbury. I would agree with your 15 point assessment, but I think when we run a set offense, a big chunk of the plays are going to go down to Woodbury and most teams will rotate help over so he's gonna see a lot of double and maybe triple teams that will limit his points per game, but that is why I think we will see him kick the ball back out and put up a fair number of assists every night.

Hes got a great midrange shot. Does well getting to the line. Can shoot the 3. With that said, he plays zero defense, doesn’t block out or rebound, and forces a lot of shots. Would’ve taken him in a heartbeat, but this gives White the opportunity to play the 4.

If we get Huff, I’ll forget about Atwood pretty quickly.

I've come to have no optimism in our recruiting the top players. Fran just can't quite seem to get over the hump in these 2 or 3 team battles for players. If Huff goes through with his Michigan visit, you gotta think we'll lose that one too.

Wow. Two weeks ago Atwood was a must get. He was Trey's "man" and would fill a big role for the Hawks. Today, he ain't nothing and should be playing on the D level intermural teams.

Fran doesn't seem to be able to evaluate talent very well...or maybe it's us on HN that struggle with that.

Wow. Two weeks ago Atwood was a must get. He was Trey's "man" and would fill a big role for the Hawks. Today, he ain't nothing and should be playing on the D level intermural teams.

Fran doesn't seem to be able to evaluate talent very well...or maybe it's us on HN that struggle with that.

Well said.

No respect for anyone who posts about how unimpressive Atwood was, but can't link to a post where they said the same thing in the run-up to his announcement.

Most of these posts seem like banal spin.

Latest posts