Ugliest Football Field Ever?

thejumper5

Lindenwood University makes no apologies for striped football turf panned by sports columnist - The Washington Post

120712012055_belleville-football-stadium.jpg

NCAA needs to put a stop to this shenanigans. Or is Lindenwood NAIA? Either way some athletic governance needs to say no mas.

NCAA needs to put a stop to this shenanigans. Or is Lindenwood NAIA? Either way some athletic governance needs to say no mas.
They are NAIA, and there is little if any governance at that level. I worked at a NAIA school, and the coaches routinely bought stuff for the players - clothes, books, etc., along with the fact 1/2 of them could barely pass classes.Lindenwood University - Belleville - Lindenwood Stadium Nearing Final Stages of Renovations
You're wrong. They are NCAA D-2 now. This year is the first year being part of the MIAA conference.

I like the boise st.'s blue turf, eastern washingtons red turf is a little over the top, but this, this i say is god awful.

The field is one thing. But for me, what's really pathetic is that this whole thing came to be via a school administrator that is so openly arrogant. When he is asked about all the criticism, his quotations are a real embarrassment to that school. It's sad (not that sad, I'm overreacting) that such an immature man is in position of power like this.

“This university doesn’t aspire to be like any other university, on the academic front or the athletic front,". Clearly not. I agree with what someone said in that link: it's an abomination of the game. Yes, I'm a football purist. And this field really bothers me.

And he has the boldness to reference the academics of the school. What if he were to make the grass surrounding academic buildings red and white striped. The front lawns and communal areas of campus where people picnic and play frisbee and such? It would be stupid and outrageous. He'd ruin the atmosphere of the outdoor common areas. He's doing the same to their football culture.

No big deal here, just a small school trying to make a names for themselves. Notice the quality of the visitor stands, or lack there of. What I am amazed at is how close they built that stadium so close to the railroad tracks.

Latest posts