UCF sancitions! Transfers? Speraw connections?

HuskerlandHawk

NCAA hands Central Florida Knights 1-year bowl ban; 1-year basketball tournament ban - ESPN

This stood out to me:
Central Florida (22-11, 10-6 C-USA) lost to Drexel in the first round of the NIT. The one-year ban could allow leading scorer Keith Clanton to leave immediately under NCAA rules. Clanton, who averaged 14.5 points per game, could transfer and play immediately if the postseason ban is equal to his remaining eligibility. This also would mean the team's second leading scorer, senior Marcus Jordan (13.7 ppg), could leave and play somewhere else immediately, too. Clanton would become a highly sought after "free agent" if he chooses to leave.
Do we have an "in" with these guys considering we have their former head coach on our staff? Do we even have an open 1 yr scholly for either of these guys if we wanted them?

In Fran I trust. Sure he is well aware of the situation. I've never heard of either of these players.

Wait, I thought Fran was doing it the right way, and building a team....

Transfers need not apply.

I guess nobody mentioned that to Uthoff.

I don't care how a team is built up, if it leads to success so be it. I just kind of get a kick out the hypocrisy. But I do think Fran is the guy for Iowa, and get you to the tournament in a year or two.

I don't care how a team is built up, if it leads to success so be it. I just kind of get a kick out the hypocrisy. But I do think Fran is the guy for Iowa, and get you to the tournament in a year or two.

you're right though. one transfer is the same as a whole team of transfers....

1. The number of transfers still wouldn't match up, if Clanton were to come to Iowa.
2. In most cases, JUCO/transfer players as your core isn't a wise strategy.
3. A couple of the transfers, on the surface at least, were questionable on character.

I've been perfectly content with how Hoiberg has built up ISU to this point. I'm just pointing out some logical reasons against doing it that way.

Kentucky is always looking for fans.

i thought you said some things can be said in the right thread?:D

How come whenever you post, I have no idea wtf you are talking about?
on_my_last_nerve_bumper_sticker-p128418997390753748en8kz_210.jpg

1. The number of transfers still wouldn't match up, if Clanton were to come to Iowa.
2. In most cases, JUCO/transfer players as your core isn't a wise strategy.
3. A couple of the transfers, on the surface at least, were questionable on character.

I've been perfectly content with how Hoiberg has built up ISU to this point. I'm just pointing out some logical reasons against doing it that way.

And now that Hoiberg is bringing in freshman, and the 2013 class is looking to be a very,very good class, what will be Iowa fan's response?

Kentucky is always looking for fans.

Yeah, maybe you should look into rooting for them. I'll stick to rooting for my team that just came off a round of 32 season.

Still not sure why Cyclone fans hang out here. I love it when my threads are almost immediately hijacked by a bunch of Self-conscious Cyclone Sallys needing to prove their worth. Making your case for your team is great, but it's a bit of an uphill battle here.

If you want to shed the "Little Brother" tag maybe you guys should quit acting like you need our validation for all your little accomplishments.

Last edited:
And now that Hoiberg is bringing in freshman, and the 2013 class is looking to be a very,very good class, what will be Iowa fan's response?

Don't get too excited about the PG Morris from Beecher...he would need to break the mold of kids from that school of late. They haven't panned out too well...last decent player with all the hype and a 4* was Gray who went to MSU...okay career.

Iowa fans are all excited to see Iowa going for E.C. Matthews of Romulus...same goes for that school lately, buyer beware.

Hoiberg really was in need of starting to bring in freshman, you can't go on with transfers forever...he at least understands that.