U of Arizona AD, Greg Byrne

He sent an email to all season ticket holders and students discussing their behavior Saturday. It was pretty tepid stuff, but it shows he's at least somewhat concerned about their image. They have a frickin' SLOGAN to remind their students to behave like humans. "Bear down with pride!" Usually, if you need a slogan to remind people to behave, it's already too late.

Lemme guess... your blessing?

I was there last Saturday and I would have to say that most of my issues didn't involve students...or I didn't think they were students. If they were, they let anyone in that school. These guys couldn't string two sentences together let alone take and entrance exam.

Somehow I don't think evolution has traveled as far in Arizona.

Some want to accuse us of having TavernHawks in our ranks. Well, Arizona has BorderCats in their ranks. I thought about asking a couple of them to see their green cards...

worst thread ever

first we have the OP who doesn't even mention what the hell he contacted their AD about

and it goes downhill from there ... thanks guys

worst thread ever

first we have the OP who doesn't even mention what the hell he contacted their AD about

and it goes downhill from there ... thanks guys

Anyone who spends any time here at all is well aware of what the OP is talking about.

It's public information man...just like GaryBarta's. Not exactly a government secret. And by the sound of his reply, I'm not the first one to drop him a note.
OK, good point. Just let us know, what was your purpose of contacting him? Did you have a bad experience at the game? Sorry if I missed an earlier thread. I am sure you had a reason for contacting him, but the thread didn't really explain that.

Last edited:
I wonder if anyone would run out to complain to U of A's AD if we had won the game? I kinda doubt it. Seems like a situation where we weren't able to get our own back on the field, so the only possible alternative outlet for fans is stuff like this.

I guess I wasn't there, but in the "outrageous" fan behavior video I saw posted on this site, it sure seemed like the Iowa fans taking the video were sort of egging the Az fans on and had a REALLLLL hard time just turning the other cheek & letting it go. Like it or not, when you are in a road environment - especially during a night game when everyone has had ample opportunity to...ahem...get "fueled up" - and you are outnumbered 5:1+, sometimes you just have to be the bigger person and ignore some stuff. That's the best way to prevent the type of scene in that video.

I wonder if anyone would run out to complain to U of A's AD if we had won the game? I kinda doubt it. Seems like a situation where we weren't able to get our own back on the field, so the only possible alternative outlet for fans is stuff like this.

I guess I wasn't there, but in the "outrageous" fan behavior video I saw posted on this site, it sure seemed like the Iowa fans taking the video were sort of egging the Az fans on and had a REALLLLL hard time just turning the other cheek & letting it go. Like it or not, when you are in a road environment - especially during a night game when everyone has had ample opportunity to...ahem...get "fueled up" - and you are outnumbered 5:1+, sometimes you just have to be the bigger person and ignore some stuff. That's the best way to prevent the type of scene in that video.

The outcome of the game has no impact on Iowa fans opinions of Zona fans. Before the game even started, I knew they were clasless a-holes. I've been to road night games at other Big Ten stadiums, and never had any fan complaints, even in a loss.

Latest posts