Tyrone Tracy Out

So should Tyler Goodson, Dane Belton, Kelvin Bell, Kaevon Merriweather, Arland Bruce IV, Terry Roberts Gavin Williams and all the other guys who kneel leave?
Once upon a time players used to kneel as a sign of reverence. I know maybe that was different back then.

The flag represents all those who served and or died in wars for this country and they will and should always be remembered with respect and dignity.

Now having said that you have ask what did they serve and or die for and what were they defending? The right for people’s personal freedoms, which includes the freedom of expression and the freedom of speech. Sometimes that gets lost in all the noise.

Back to football; I just wish Brian would move on to another program. That way he can get out of his dad’s shadow and prove himself independent of his dad. If proven to be successful on his own then he will be more worthy to come back and apply for the head coaching position at Iowa when his dad retires ( very soon I hope).
That’s being totally fair and reasonable.

As weak and poor as our offense has been anytime a struggling offense loses a talented player it is a significant loss. The only argument people can make in regards to that is that our offensive schemes are so poor and not receiver friendly to the point does it really matter?

The local media, including Chad L., are coming down hard on KF and our poor offensive schemes.

I feel for the kid. To start yr KF takes him to Chicago for media days as a leader of the program (which he clearly was) Then barely uses his skills all yr long when he can clearly make plays. Which then has him want to transfer. That's not exactly the look the program should want to portray.

Yeah Bruce and Johnson came on some this yr. But it's not like they were tearing it up either. We could have easily used Tracy in creative ways more they just chose not to. What I'm afraid of is that we'll miss out on Kaspers kid due this sort of thing. And if so who could blame the kid?

In regards to kneeling, both sides at the extremes are tone deaf to what it means to the other side. Our country hasn't done anywhere close to enough to address racial inequalities and at the same time we haven't done enough to honor those in military and police/fire departments who've given their lives for our freedom, safety and comfort.

There are terrible people also on both sides that help the other side build straw man arguments as to why their view is inerrant and the other view is extremely flawed. I just wish we'd stop demonizing those we don't understand.

In regards to kneeling, both sides at the extremes are tone deaf to what it means to the other side. Our country hasn't done anywhere close to enough to address racial inequalities and at the same time we haven't done enough to honor those in military and police/fire departments who've given their lives for our freedom, safety and comfort.

There are terrible people also on both sides that help the other side build straw man arguments as to why their view is inerrant and the other view is extremely flawed. I just wish we'd stop demonizing those we don't understand.
That sums it up I think. It means different things to different people and there's no budging on it. No middle ground at all. It gives folks that are already mad at the others a reason to stay that way

Moved to OT because a poster had to take it that direction. Let 'er rip.

@tweeterhawk don't do it again. You know the rules, man.
Would that be the rule that George Carlin’s 7 words you can’t say on television are OK in this forum but not comments about a player’s televised pre-game political statement?

Don’t get upset and drop the hammer, Fry. Simply pointing out the hypocrisy.

I’ll return to good Tweeter.

Part of the problem is that kneeling for the anthem and discussion around it is considered political. Thus, human rights are considered political. I wonder why it is that way? (rhetorical)

And with that, I'm out. Have a good one.
Go Hawks! Beat State!
Would that be the rule that George Carlin’s 7 words you can’t say on television are OK in this forum but not comments about a player’s televised pre-game political statement?

Don’t get upset and drop the hammer, Fry. Simply pointing out the hypocrisy.

I’ll return to good Tweeter.

Again. And Again.
And Again.

No hypocrisy. The rules state that you can talk about political/social/religious topics on the OT board but not the others, because people have overwhelmingly said they don't want to hear it. I don't remember ever saying swear words aren't allowed...would you mind quoting where I did that for clarification?

If there were a rule about swear words being prohibited and then I continued allowing it, that would be hypocrisy.

You broke the rules about politics. No hypocrisy about it.

Latest posts