Tyler Cook #54 on SI's Draft Big Board for 2019

He may or may not end up getting drafted but he'll get a shot. No if ands or butts about it. Just too much potential not to. Looking at his jump shot he's got good form. It's not like that's a problem. It's certainly something he can say look I can do it. Just needs to get more consistent with it. And of course his overall basketball IQ. Way less talented and smaller players have carved out careers just with that. He often will dribble drive right into traffic instead of away from it. Just assuming he can power through & over them. That won't work at the next level at all as it often won't at this one. But the fact he has all the potential that he does just screams he'll get a shot. What he's able to do with it remains to be seen. We hopefully have a heck of a season to enjoy first

If he improves in year three as much as he did in year 2, he's gone for sure. I just don't think Iowa fans appreciate how good he is and how much he improved last year. He can certainly be a better rebounder and defender, but his offensive game going to the hole made huge strides last year. He is a full on beast. Tyler just doesn't seem like a guy to rest on any laurels...he's going to make himself better. I look at guys like Looney or West who play the power forward spot in the NBA, and certainly they are better defenders at this point, but as far as offensive game...Cook gets anywhere near the basket and he's dunking with attitude...those guys don't have his explosiveness.

He's going to figure it out defensively...and he can be as physical as you want...I think he's a great role player for an NBA team. Defense, rebounding, running the floor, and dunking.

He goes in round two next year.

15 ft jumper and some better ball handling and he makes it. he's a flipping monster. yeah, i know, the nba is full of monsters. but this kid has a "get the phvck out of my way, quick jumping, i'm killing the rim" game. if he can shoot the 15 ft jumper, he's a nba player.

15 ft jumper and some better ball handling and he makes it. he's a flipping monster. yeah, i know, the nba is full of monsters. but this kid has a "get the phvck out of my way, quick jumping, i'm killing the rim" game. if he can shoot the 15 ft jumper, he's a nba player.

But Fryowa told me he's never gonna play in the NBA - and that he'd make more money getting a college degree then he'd ever make playing basketball. Of course, Fry also told me that Iowa only wins 6 games in football every season and that Bohannon jacks too many bonehead 3's. I just want to believe the experts!

But Fryowa told me he's never gonna play in the NBA - and that he'd make more money getting a college degree then he'd ever make playing basketball. Of course, Fry also told me that Iowa only wins 6 games in football every season and that Bohannon jacks too many bonehead 3's. I just want to believe the experts!
You are the expert, Gary. Don't let those guys get to you.

Oh I'm not, don't claim to be, nor do I tell everyone here what's up like you queens. I just like to make fun of you and it's easy. None of you get to me.
Oh, you're feisty today. Are you mad that I made fun of your teeth? I'm just playin around, Gary.

If he improves in year three as much as he did in year 2, he's gone for sure. I just don't think Iowa fans appreciate how good he is and how much he improved last year. He can certainly be a better rebounder and defender, but his offensive game going to the hole made huge strides last year. He is a full on beast. Tyler just doesn't seem like a guy to rest on any laurels...he's going to make himself better. I look at guys like Looney or West who play the power forward spot in the NBA, and certainly they are better defenders at this point, but as far as offensive game...Cook gets anywhere near the basket and he's dunking with attitude...those guys don't have his explosiveness.

He's going to figure it out defensively...and he can be as physical as you want...I think he's a great role player for an NBA team. Defense, rebounding, running the floor, and dunking.

He goes in round two next year.

If by some quirk of fate we have Keion Brooks coming on board. Tyler might want to stick around. We would be close to unstoppable inside with those two cats and Luka. It is a long shot though.....

Patrick McCaffrey is quite the ambassador for the Hawkeyes. Making a lot of friends on the circuit, having them consider the Hawks is a good thing.....

We could have an impressive team 2/3 years from now if we get Carton and Xavier come around. Carton is probably gone but there is hope for the XMan.....

:cool:

Your “I don’t care” routine makes you look like you care a lot. It’s kind of like how hipsters try super hard to make themselves look and act like they aren’t trying hard.

The more you tell us how we don’t get to you, especially when it’s out of the blue, just reinforces how much we get to you.

Your “I don’t care” routine makes you look like you care a lot. It’s kind of like how hipsters try super hard to make themselves look and act like they aren’t trying hard.

The more you tell us how we don’t get to you, especially when it’s out of the blue, just reinforces how much we get to you.

haha, yeah ok. That wasn't out of the blue, TK said you guys were really getting to me today. It helps when you make sense Fry, I know it's asking a lot.