Twitter Version: July 11th PTL Report

TheNebraskaHawk

As always, this report is a compilation of twitter posts.

Early game:

Brommer's team won 82-75
Brommer - 15 points, 10 rebounds (Gatens was ill and not present)
Marble - 10 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists

Archie - 8 points, 4 rebounds
Payne - 24 points, 4 assists. Archie's team won 109-85

Basabe's team won 94-83.
Basabe had 31 points & 14 boards (Andre Murphy had another decent game as well...)
McCabe had 18 points, all 3's.
May was ill and not present

:)Basabe shot a very good percentage tonight. He was guarded buy Swettala who has a big ten body but may be a bit lacking on D as far as effort. I was suprised he scored that many points. I have seen Murphy play before and was much more impressed with him tonight. He had 3 sweet aley-oops to Basabe, one of which B missed. I think he went 3 of 4 from 3-point land and the one he missed was 3/4 of the way down. He and B seem to be learning to play well together. His really pushes the ball upcourt and B seems to have a knack of diving in behind him for the putback or oop. McCabe reminds me more of Gatens all the time. The walk on Stubbs can really shoot the ball and is a heady player but not sure he is quick enough to gaurd a big ten PG man to man. I was also glad to see Brommer attacking the basket on missed shots looking for putbacks, now that we seem to have a coach who is looking for people to slash to the basket Brommer may have found his niche. I like his hustle.

A friend of mine talked to Gatens PTL coach and he said Gatens has been throwing up for 4 days in a row with the flu or something. Frans slimming down process seems to be going quite well!

A friend of mine talked to Gatens PTL coach and he said Gatens has been throwing up for 4 days in a row with the flu or something. Frans slimming down process seems to be going quite well!

Marble, May, and I think Archie have all suffered from the same thing...

In 4 of the first 5 games he either led the PTL in most FGA or was 2nd. I missed the second half but I doubt that trend changed tonight.

Is he not being efficient? I mean the last 2 weeks I know he was way over 50 percent from the field and I will be interested to see the stats for tonight.

As always, this report is a compilation of twitter posts.

Early game:

Brommer's team won 82-75
Brommer - 15 points, 10 rebounds (Gatens was ill and not present)
Marble - 10 points, 8 rebounds, 8 assists

Archie - 8 points, 4 rebounds
Payne - 24 points, 4 assists. Archie's team won 109-85

Again, Archie's team? Shouldn't that be the team that Archie is on? No way you can call it HIS team. Like I said before, that is like calling the Laker's Luke Walton's team.

Basabe's team won 94-83.
Basabe had 31 points & 14 boards (Andre Murphy had another decent game as well...)
McCabe had 18 points, all 3's.
May was ill and not present

Is he not being efficient? I mean the last 2 weeks I know he was way over 50 percent from the field and I will be interested to see the stats for tonight.

He isn't shooting particularly inefficient but it would clearly be a stretch to call him efficient. You have to remember this is a league where it isn't uncommon to see good players shoot over 70% (especially forwards) and entire teams typically make over 50% of their shots. So comparatively his shooting percentage has not been all that impressive and also considering he has some pretty poor turnovers then I wouldn't classify him as efficient. You're right the last 2-3 outings he has dramatically improved his efficiency and I missed over half of his last game --he usually plays better in the second half. So it will be interesting to see how he did.

Latest posts