TV Networks Caught Lying about NOT being involved in Conference Expansion

If ND is the only team that would add value to the Big XII, it seems unlikely that 16-team 'super'conferences will happen.

I get the lying thing but I really cannot blame the networks for getting involved. If I am paying someone for services and I see something else that I might want and would pay more to have I will suggest to them that they get it.

I get the lying thing but I really cannot blame the networks for getting involved. If I am paying someone for services and I see something else that I might want and would pay more to have I will suggest to them that they get it.

This. In addition, from a business perspective (which is what these conferences are), I think it makes complete sense to gauge the market's reaction to changes in your business. The major consumer of the business' product are the networks. This may rub many the wrong way that media companies have so much cache in college sports, but that is just the way it is. I don't know how you would prevent it. The denying it is what casuse all the problems. Honesty is always the best policy. When they say things like "we keep our TV partners close", that means "we consult them every step of the way to see what they will buy." Its that simple.

Because this is in reference to Notre Dame football (which is an independent) this is less of a big deal (though it still looks a little smarmy...and is sure to pi$$ off NBC).

However, if any real evidence is ever uncovered that they explicitly advised against any schools or for any schools with existing conference affiliations...lawsuit city.

If ESPN and Fox Sports can identify preferred new members then it is only logical that they can identify current members that they would like to replace.

PAY -- THE -- PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I enjoy reading his stuff..some of it at least.

I'll add that quote to the one when you told me "I don't care about oversigning".

The SEC has won the game of public perception thanks in large part to guys like Clay Travis.
He shapes perception and HawkeyeNation links to it.
Your site, your call, I just find it a little odd.
Kinda like Walmart linking to Target.

I'll add that quote to the one when you told me "I don't care about oversigning".

The SEC has won the game of public perception thanks in large part to guys like Clay Travis.

Not sure what your beef is against Clay Travis, especially since you fail to outline any specifics. Instead, you deal in Palin-esque generalities. To claim that Travis (and those like him) are largely responsible for the SEC's perception is funny. Perhaps if the B1G (and I'm a fan) would field a team good enough to win a national championship, we wouldn't have to hear about the SEC. To quote the Nature Boy, to be the man you gotta beat the man.

Also, Clay Travis, like him or hate him, has been more in front of the conference realignment/expansion news than anyone else in the media. That is fact. If you read his articles (and notice when they were published), much of what he writes at OKC is spot on. Just saying. I'll provide specifics (unlike you) if you so wish.

I'd like to hear why you don't like him rather than just have you blast him for little to no reason. Alas, I suppose that's what message boards are for.

Not sure what your beef is against Clay Travis, especially since you fail to outline any specifics. Instead, you deal in Palin-esque generalities. To claim that Travis (and those like him) are largely responsible for the SEC's perception is funny. Perhaps if the B1G (and I'm a fan) would field a team good enough to win a national championship, we wouldn't have to hear about the SEC. To quote the Nature Boy, to be the man you gotta beat the man.

Also, Clay Travis, like him or hate him, has been more in front of the conference realignment/expansion news than anyone else in the media. That is fact. If you read his articles (and notice when they were published), much of what he writes at OKC is spot on. Just saying. I'll provide specifics (unlike you) if you so wish.

I'd like to hear why you don't like him rather than just have you blast him for little to no reason. Alas, I suppose that's what message boards are for.

I rest my case.

So this guy comments on a huge story with major implications of the most powerful sports news network having conflicts of interest, and the best we can do is "eww he writes for the SEC". I thought we were less ignorant than that. I was wrong

Latest posts