Tuesday Newstand (Links)

Your nuts jumper. Cincy has to play someone out of conference, as their conference is weak to begin with. Don't even try to compare the schedule of Cincy with Iowa's.

FanHouse: Iowa's pretty much only a lucky team that isn't as good as Cincinnati. And Cincinnati will prove it by playing two quality out of conference opponents, Oregon State and Illinois. This should help their strength of schedule.
http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2009/10/26/starting-11-from-bcs-title-to-toilet-bowl/
Cincinnati would be a middle of the pack team in the big ten.. Look at Iowas record against the top 25 BCS teams... Please think before you post..

Please think before you post.. Luck.. they beat some very good teams.. Cincy would be a middle of the pack Big ten team at best.. Iowa's schedule has been one of the toughest in the country..

I was merely trying to summarize what the article said. I may have change a word or two, but that is what the article says, not what I think. Here is some of the article's exact wording "[Cincinnati] will have run the table in the Big East and played two major college opponents in the out-of-conference -- Oregon State on the road and Illinois at home. Aside from the Big East being reasonably strong this season, I think this schedule, featuring two would-be powers from other conferences, eliminates the weak schedule argument."
I think the argument is laughable and that playing Illinois actually hurts their SOS, rather than helps it. Sorry for the confusion.

Latest posts