Tressel: In order for 5 Players to play in Sugar, they must return for 2011.

HawkPrdatr40

All I will say is wow!

The fact that Pryor and company want to be Buckeyes in 2011 is the reason why they will suit up against the Razorbacks. Tressel said the players had to commit to returning to Ohio State next season and not leave early for the NFL in order to make sure the offending players would not avoid suffering any punishment whatsoever. If they wanted to play, they had to pledge to return.
“If indeed they wanted they wanted to stay a part of the family and be on the bowl trip … they would have to make any decisions based upon their future in the NFL prior to us leaving to go to the bowl game,â€￾ Tressel said. “Because we didn’t feel it would be fair to the NCAA or fair to the other people involved in the process if someone were able to participate and then have no consequences down the road. So those decisions were made by our young people and I’m excited to say all of the guys that were involved (will return in 2011).â€￾

Article here:
Scout.com: Suspended Buckeyes To Play In Sugar Bowl

According to this they had to give commitment to Tressel prior to leaving for the Sugar.

So I guess if they were unsure on what they would be doing they would sit or if they said they were going to the NFL they would sit.

According to this they had to give commitment to Tressel prior to leaving for the Sugar.

So I guess if they were unsure on what they would be doing they would sit or if they said they were going to the NFL they would sit.

I think H8IAST8 is saying what if they play in the Sugar Bowl then decide to go pro because you have until January 15th or somewhere around that date to declare for the draft? Nothing will happen to them and they still play in the bowl game.

I think H8IAST8 is saying what if they play in the Sugar Bowl then decide to go pro because you have until January 15th or somewhere around that date to declare for the draft? Nothing will happen to them and they still play in the bowl game.

Then they were just telling Tressel what he wanted to hear and there word means nothing. They are playing because they told Tressel they would return for the 2011 season.

Then they were just telling Tressel what he wanted to hear and there word means nothing. They are playing because they told Tressel they would return for the 2011 season.

No, Tressel is telling the media/fanbase what THEY want to hear. Allows Tressel to play them in the Sugar Bowl - he's been hearing that he should sit them in the Sugar Bowl, as his own disciplinary act. IMO.

No, Tressel is telling the media/fanbase what THEY want to hear. Allows Tressel to play them in the Sugar Bowl - he's been hearing that he should sit them in the Sugar Bowl, as his own disciplinary act. IMO.

Correct

This is all for show...I would be shocked if all the players came back

Very simple solution here. Outline of draft contract:

Whereas, Terrelle Pryor (hereafter, "Cheater") has been found to have violated NCAA rules and desires to participate in the Sugar Bowl in January 2011 subject to the terms and conditions set forth below,

Whereas, THEE Ohio $tate University (hereafter, "O$U"), in reliance on the covenants set forth herein, will allow Cheater to participate in the Sugar Bowl,

Whereas, O$U will suffer substantial and irreparable damages if Cheater violates the terms and conditions of this agreement;

Now, therefore for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, it is agreed that, Cheater will be allowed to participate in the Sugar Bowl and that Cheater will not declare himself eligible for the 2011 NFL Draft. In the event Cheater breaches this agreement, Cheater shall pay to O$U or its designee the sum of $2 million no later than June 1, 2011. [INSERT BOILERPLATE]

I know they are telling Tressel what he wants to hear so they can play, but don't you think there is a possibility that maybe they want to play in the Sugar Bowl then move on to the NFL and not sit for almost half the season next year, what do they care if their word means nothing to him, he can't do a damn thing about it if they do go pro. Sure it won't look good for their character to potential NFL teams, but I think they would overlook this.

For now I'm willing to take Sweater and the players at their word. I'm saying all come back. I'm guessing that the players, had they said as much to Sweater and backed out on their word, would-be persona non grata in and around Columbus and with Tressell.

Very simple solution here. Outline of draft contract:

Whereas, Terrelle Pryor (hereafter, "Cheater") has been found to have violated NCAA rules and desires to participate in the Sugar Bowl in January 2011 subject to the terms and conditions set forth below,

Whereas, THEE Ohio $tate University (hereafter, "O$U"), in reliance on the covenants set forth herein, will allow Cheater to participate in the Sugar Bowl,

Whereas, O$U will suffer substantial and irreparable damages if Cheater violates the terms and conditions of this agreement;

Now, therefore for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, it is agreed that, Cheater will be allowed to participate in the Sugar Bowl and that Cheater will not declare himself eligible for the 2011 NFL Draft. In the event Cheater breaches this agreement, Cheater shall pay to O$U or its designee the sum of $2 million no later than June 1, 2011. [INSERT BOILERPLATE]

More comedy gold from BTR.
I hope fuffred the scalpel-salesman reads this.

Boom may not return but the others will. You guys have it wrong, JT won't coming out looking bad if they lied about their intentions, the players will. There is a reason he made it public. Tressel is playing chess while most of you are playing checkers...

Boom may not return but the others will. You guys have it wrong, JT won't coming out looking bad if they lied about their intentions, the players will. There is a reason he made it public. Tressel is shopping for sweater-vests while all of you are laughing at him...

Fixed

Boom may not return but the others will. You guys have it wrong, JT won't coming out looking bad if they lied about their intentions, the players will. There is a reason he made it public. Tressel is playing chess while most of you are playing checkers...

So you think that if the players dont come back it will be a complete shock to Tressel? OSU and Tressel will sell it that way but the rest of the world will see right through it.

This is about the money...end of story

So you think that if the players dont come back it will be a complete shock to Tressel? OSU and Tressel will sell it that way but the rest of the world will see right through it.

This is about the money...end of story
sorry but you don't get it, you are looking too short term. So you are saying they all leave? How sure are you? We could make this interesting.....;)

sorry but you don't get it, you are looking too short term. So you are saying they all leave? How sure are you? We could make this interesting.....;)

You don't think it's possible that any of them are, ya know....lying? Ter-l lyed about paying for his tattoos on his twitter page, and then could barely stumble through a statement someone had written for him. He obviously doesn't give a **** about what it means to play for a team like Ohio State; he proved by selling his jersies, rings, sportsmanships award, etc..

You don't think it's possible that any of them are, ya know....lying? Ter-l lyed about paying for his tattoos on his twitter page, and then could barely stumble through a statement someone had written for him. He obviously doesn't give a **** about what it means to play for a team like Ohio State; he proved by selling his jersies, rings, sportsmanships award, etc..

They are lying? How about Tressel? But, alas.....he's playing chess. Wow, I wish I could analyze a situation like Tress and fuf. If I only had a brain........

Latest posts