Toughest stadiums to play

Iowa at #9 sounds good, but seeing Folsom Field at #7 and Sparty at #5 make me question the rankings.

Its listed as Virginia, but he means VA Tech.

For Missouri, it says: "Over 70,000 loud, wild, fun-loving fans pack into the stadium for every Tigers home game. "

They've had over 70k four times.

Has the author heard of wikipedia?

That list is full of fail.
Yep. Pretty unimpressive, generic descriptions of each place. Somewhat poorly researched/conceived (see Mizzou comment from a poster above). Also, Stony Brook . . . really? And Penn State hasn't played a game since the Sandusky scandal fully played out, so it's impossible to say their fans "still support . . . ." (although we're all pretty sure they'll be bringing their crazy denial to Beaver Stadium).

Whatevs. One of the few rankings in which we'll find ourselves ranked #9 this year.

Last edited:
7. Folsom Field, Colorado: Folsom Field, home of the Colorado Buffaloes, is one of the most underrated venues in college sports. The fans here always cheer hard and loud, and they are quite respectful and friendly to visiting fans.

I am really hoping he was being facetious, the CU fans are known to treat the visiting fans horribly, downright disgusting to the visiting fans.

I'm sure Folsom is tough to play in, but not because of the crowd. I would say the altitude has more to do with it.

Sun Life and the Hurricanes? Hurricane fans are loyal? 'Cane fans are probably the biggest bandwagon fans out there.

Alabama at #25?

Autzen at 21?

7. Folsom Field, Colorado: Folsom Field, home of the Colorado Buffaloes, is one of the most underrated venues in college sports. The fans here always cheer hard and loud, and they are quite respectful and friendly to visiting fans.

I am really hoping he was being facetious, the CU fans are known to treat the visiting fans horribly, downright disgusting to the visiting fans.

The stadium sucks, their fans suck, Boulder sucks except for the killer breweries. We had batteries throw at us when I was there in 04/05 ish? Can't remember the exact year. **** CU in general.

Yeah pretty sure I would be Alabama in the top 5... at least these days... crazy to think we still have winning streaks in sparty AND camp randall.

7. Folsom Field, Colorado: Folsom Field, home of the Colorado Buffaloes, is one of the most underrated venues in college sports. The fans here always cheer hard and loud, and they are quite respectful and friendly to visiting fans. I am really hoping he was being facetious, the CU fans are known to treat the visiting fans horribly, downright disgusting to the visiting fans.
The stadium sucks, their fans suck, Boulder sucks except for the killer breweries. We had batteries throw at us when I was there in 04/05 ish?
Can't remember the exact year.
**** CU in general.

Agree. We had mass quantities of beer thrown at us when we chose to go over and sit in the cu student section and wave our "I" flag in there faces. Only 1 fight broke out, but it took the riot gear cops to come down and break it up...and then the mayor of Boulder buys 10+ of US dinner, because our newly degreed iowa law student friend threatened to sue, due to them actually selling and providing beer to their students at a ncaa event.

It was many years ago, when the hawks played there (like 1990ish-we lost with a good team) and I don't know if they still sell beer there, but we sure had a ball and the place is a pretty cool and fun place to go watch a game at.... They had a massive place called the "harvest house", which was the best outdoor post-game tailgate anywhere....but no friggen way can it be classified as a tough place to play...they hardly sell out and it doesn't hold that many...altitude is the only possible reason (and ralphie the buffalo).

Ahahahaha. Mizzou. I live in Columbia. Ahhhh, no. If they get 50,000 for a game that's a great turnout. And they are quiet as
f--k.

This wasn't written by an actual college football writer. He is a "contributer" to Yahoo and his specialty is MMA.

Latest posts