Tough Decisions Need To Be Made

SirJamaLot

Texas A & M fired a well-respected coach in Mike Sherman, Tennessee (this season), Arizona, UCLA all made changes with experienced coaches because their football programs were not successful enough. Iowa has a really tough decision to make because Kirk has had some great seasons and has garnered a ton of respect around the country. However another dismal season and the admin. may have to change directions hoping they can find someone like Texas A&M did. A&M leaders are looking like geniuses now.

Stewart Mandel from CNN-SI:

Oh, they've proven themselves. And in doing so, they may well precipitate a sea change in the SEC. As many as four conference schools (Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee and Auburn) may soon change coaches, and you just know they'll be seeking their own versions of Sumlin. Defense will remain a bedrock for schools like Alabama, Florida and LSU, but before you know it, nearly half the schools in the league could be running their own version of the Air Raid.

Read More: Texas A&M's BCS-altering upset at Alabama could have SEC impact - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

If you have somebody in your Rolodex that can pony up some serious cash to buy Kirk out you better call them. Otherwise stop your rambling. Kirk isn't going anywhere anytime soon and the sooner you understand that the better your life will be.

If you have somebody in your Rolodex that can pony up some serious cash to buy Kirk out you better call them. Otherwise stop your rambling. Kirk isn't going anywhere anytime soon and the sooner you understand that the better your life will be.

It's a message board. Every post and article on hear is a bunch of rambling. That is what this is for. Don't get so worked up about someone coming here to complain. If you don't like their post or opinion, ignore it and move to the next post. It is really very simple.

It's a message board. Every post and article on hear is a bunch of rambling. That is what this is for. Don't get so worked up about someone coming here to complain. If you don't like their post or opinion, ignore it and move to the next post. It is really very simple.

No, the difference is some people on here absolutely believe the crap they spew and get pizzed because it doesn't happen. There are logistics behind the reasoning why Kirk will not be fired anytime in the foreseeable future yet people like to ignore them. There is no use calling for the coaches head unless somebody wants to address the money issue.

Stewart Mandel from CNN-SI:

Oh, they've proven themselves. And in doing so, they may well precipitate a sea change in the SEC. As many as four conference schools (Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee and Auburn) may soon change coaches, and you just know they'll be seeking their own versions of Sumlin. Defense will remain a bedrock for schools like Alabama, Florida and LSU, but before you know it, nearly half the schools in the league could be running their own version of the Air Raid.

Read More: Texas A&M's BCS-altering upset at Alabama could have SEC impact - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

I sure hope some of those schools make a serious run at Bielema and at least force Wiscy to pay him top dollar to stay and an idiotic 10 year extension.

So let me get this right. You just complained about a post that is complaining about another post. How simple is it?

Everytime I read this,I can picture the old man on SNL adding " and that's the way we liked it!"

No, the difference is some people on here absolutely believe the crap they spew and get pizzed because it doesn't happen. There are logistics behind the reasoning why Kirk will not be fired anytime in the foreseeable future yet people like to ignore them. There is no use calling for the coaches head unless somebody wants to address the money issue.

Trust me, I get the logistics of it all. That being said this is still a message board. People can come here and complain and get pizzed all they want. If they absolutely believe the stupid stuff that is their problem. The fact that you get so pizzed about the crap they spew is just as crazy as the stuff they post. Save your energy. It is not worth it. Enjoy your Saturday's in that nice motor home, and ignore the stupidity. Don't take a message board so seriously.

It's Ferentz's offense and Ferentz's defense, and both need overhauls (modernizations into the 21st century). Ferentz is the problem.

I am not complaining about it. Just trying to help him out. I learned a long time ago you can't save stupid. :)

Maybe if we all complain enough KF will do the honorable thing and jump on the sword. Doubt it but there is always a chance. He might just make a few changes to the offense hoping he doesn't get killed in the media and on boards like this next year. I doubt that is going to happen but there is a chance when huge egos are involved.

Maybe if we all complain enough KF will do the honorable thing and jump on the sword. Doubt it but there is always a chance. He might just make a few changes to the offense hoping he doesn't get killed in the media and on boards like this next year. I doubt that is going to happen but there is a chance when huge egos are involved.

People like you make me laffy so hard. Im sure KF really cares if he "gets killed" on a moderately busy college sports message board.

People like you make me laffy so hard. Im sure KF really cares if he "gets killed" on a moderately busy college sports message board.

Yeah, hopefully if we complain enough, Kurt will do the honorable thing and quit. Because there is nothing moar honorable than quitting when people complain.

To be perfectly honest with you I hope the hawks and Kirk win at least 7 games next season because I have a lot of respect for him and the job he has done, but I'm not very optimistic anymore, and I wonder when the school would decide to pull the plug and pay the buy out and move in a new direction, again I hope they don't have to!

Let's play a game...

Which one doesn't belong:

Mike Sherman 25-25 overall 15-18 conference 0 bowl wins
Derek Dooley 15-20 overall 4-18 conference 0 bowl wins
Mike Stoops 41-50 overall 27-38 conference 1 bowl win
Rick Neuheisel 21-30 overall 13-23 conference 1 bowl win
Kirk Ferentz 100-73 overall 59-51 conference 6 bowl wins

I didn't even get into the contract/money situations but I'm willing to bet that none of the other guys on this list had the $20 mil buyout.

Latest posts