TOSU goes down to Illini at home

I was watching it as well and I don't understand Robbie Hummel's contract situation. He's always on BTN but then tonight he's broadcasting this game on ESPN2? Does he work for both companies?

The game itself was awful.

Did we play them at the right time or what?

They have now handled Rutgers, Maryland and Ohio State, teams on the horizon for us.

LOL I'd play IL any time of the season and expect to win. They've obviously invoked slumber in their opponents because of their early season suckage.

OSU is not a tourney team however. Neither is MN. Sharp line drawn between the top 6 and bottom 8.

Unless Iowa bombs out the rest of the way they should finish at least in sixth place or above. They are two games ahead of the seventh place team now.

LOL I'd play IL any time of the season and expect to win. They've obviously invoked slumber in their opponents because of their early season suckage.

OSU is not a tourney team however. Neither is MN. Sharp line drawn between the top 6 and bottom 8.

IL would be a bad matchup for Iowa. Give NW ILs Frazier and.....

I was going to poke my eyes out because it was such a bad game to watch, so I turned it off.
These games all week have been defensive slugfests. Teams are seeing one another for the second time. Minnesota- Nebraska earlier in the year was in the eighties. Wednesday night it was in the low sixties. Northwestern--Penn State didn't even reach the sixties.

Unless Iowa bombs out the rest of the way they should finish at least in sixth place or above. They are two games ahead of the seventh place team now.
And five of their last seven games are against teams below them in the standings. Wisconsin, who we also still play, is now even with us in the loss column.

Actually the difference between us and Minnesota is razor thin. But they have lost at the buzzer to Michigan and Nebraska. We have won late or at the buzzer va Penn State and Northwestern.

Actually the difference between us and Minnesota is razor thin. But they have lost at the buzzer to Michigan and Nebraska. We have won late or at the buzzer va Penn State and Northwestern.

Minney is on a 4 game losing streak and Hawks on a 3 game winner....were ahead 3 games in the loss column. That is not a thin margin, Minney is teetering bubble right now.

Did you watch the game? I watched a good part of it and it just looked like 2 bad teams seeing who was worse. Illinois has shown some flashes this year but they look terrible 3/4 of the time. Ohio State has absolutely Zero depth.

Minney is on a 4 game losing streak and Hawks on a 3 game winner....were ahead 3 games in the loss column. That is not a thin margin, Minney is teetering bubble right now.
Isn't is amazing how many teams have gone into mini tailspins after playing us.

On paper the margin between us and Minnesota is not thin. But the margin for error is. Reverse the outcomes of four games I mentioned and we're practically trading places in the standings. That's where I was going.

Was just looking at remaining schedules, and it may be a problem for OSU and Minn to even get into the tourney, leaving BIG w/ 6 teams. With the strength of conference, I get why teams are beating each other up, but recalling the earlier projections that we would have 10 teams in was a bit optimistic........

What if IL won out? finished 12-8 in conference and finished 16-15? would they be considered based on season turnaround? Not that I expect to see this happen, cause I think away games at WI and PUR would be near impossible, but even in that scenario, they would finish 10-10 in conference.

No love for IL, I have never liked them, BTW. Just looking at upcoming schedules and watching potential tourney teams scramble for the bubble...........

I was watching it as well and I don't understand Robbie Hummel's contract situation. He's always on BTN but then tonight he's broadcasting this game on ESPN2? Does he work for both companies?

The game itself was awful.

Bill Rafferty for a long time would do games for both CBS and ESPN. I remember thinking how is that possible?

Bill Rafferty for a long time would do games for both CBS and ESPN. I remember thinking how is that possible?

I thought maybe Disney acquired BTN when they bought Fox but looks like the Fox sports stuff and BTN remains separate from Disney.

I'm confused