Toppin Wins Wooden, Garza Classy Reaction

Not surprised. Voters were expressing how they were hung up on the defensive stuff back in February.

Luka got jobbed. But man, what a great and mature response. Luka is so amazing not only as a player, but as a human, and a leader. Always smiling. Always in a great mood. That stuff is unreachable and very contagious. Got to love Luka on so many levels.

Obi would be just another guy in the B1G.

Just because Luka got snubbed doesn't mean Obi wasn't deserving of the award. There's no way he'd be "just another guy in the B1G". The guy has incredible skill were just biased because he plays in a weaker conference and we all wanted Garza to win the award.

Just because Luka got snubbed doesn't mean Obi wasn't deserving of the award. There's no way he'd be "just another guy in the B1G". The guy has incredible skill were just biased because he plays in a weaker conference and we all wanted Garza to win the award.
I guarantee you he wouldn't have the same stats. He played 32 minutes a game in a shitty conference. Luka played 32 minutes a game in the best conference in the nation.

I'm not saying the stats would be identical, but to say he's just another guy in the B1G sounds like its coming from a Cyclones fan. The guy has serious game, weak conference or not. To say that he's nothing more than average is ridiculous.

I'm not saying the stats would be identical, but to say he's just another guy in the B1G sounds like its coming from a Cyclones fan. The guy has serious game, weak conference or not. To say that he's nothing more than average is ridiculous.
I agree. I think it's fair to say that if they switched conferences. Luka's numbers would be slightly better, Obi's numbers would be slightly worse. The truth is that the voters put a shit ton of stock in Dayton's ranking and Obi's dunks. Apples to apples, Luka is the better player.

No, he'd be a good player. Should have said just another good guy. He just wouldn't have gotten as much limelight as he did at Dayton, that's all, because the B1G is stacked with really good players.

If you just go by offensive stats and ignore offensive efficiency, then I agree Luka is a better player in a much better conference. But, offensive stats are not everything to judging the greatness of play.

If I had a vote, I would have voted for Luka. But to suggest this is a miscarriage of justice is silly. This was not just one dude's opinion, but the consensus (but certainly not all of them) of a lot of voters who believe Obi is better. You know who agrees with those voters? NBA scouts.

I wanted Luka to win. He lost what I assume is a close vote. I take solace that Obi is not from Kansas or Duke.

No, he'd be a good player. Should have said just another good guy. He just wouldn't have gotten as much limelight as he did at Dayton, that's all, because the B1G is stacked with really good players.

He would have been on par with the 5 or 6 other centers in the conference that were a level behind Garza. Most of whom are also better NBA prospects.

Latest posts