Top 10 Teams of the Decade if...

briankaldenberg

If Iowa make the National Championship game does that make them on of the top 10 teams this decade? A big if, here's I would rank them.

1. USC - Straight out dominance

2. Florida - 2 championships in last 3 years. Could be 3 in 4 years.

3. Oklahoma - Dominating, but somewhat poor bowl performance as of late. However 4 BCS Championship game appearances since 2001.

4. LSU - Two titles this decade

5. Ohio State - Could make an argument for them to be higher, but what have you done for me lately that the others have not?

6. Texas - Vince Young and done.

7. Miami - One BCS Title and back to back title appearances. Orange Bowl win in 2004, Sugar Bowl win in 2001
8. Florida State - 2000 and 2001 back to back title games with 1 title. 2 orange bowls

9. Virginia Tech - BCS title game in 2000. 2 Orange Bowls (1 win), 1 Sugar Bowl, lots of gator bowls.

10. Iowa - One BCT Title game, 1 Orange Bowl, 1 Capital one Bowl.

Last edited:
If the Hawks get into the Title game or any BCS game that gives them 2 BCS bowl appearences this decade? I think Boise State has more, Va Tech has Way more, Michigan might have more, Tennessee how many good years did they have this decade? I don't know about this one...

Iowa will be in a January bowl game, a legit January bowl game, after six of the ten seasons in the decade. That's pretty good

Yea but I was kind of giving more weight to a BCS Title game. And if we get into title game we will have finished in top 8 4 times. But I see where you're coming from. Boise could make a case. There's probably another team who could make a case.

I bet if Iowa played the Louisiana Tech's of the world for 8-10 of their 12 games, they'd be in a lot of BCS games too.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'...

Iowa will be in a January bowl game, a legit January bowl game, after six of the ten seasons in the decade. That's pretty good

If only playing in January meant something anymore. It's going to mean even less once the Big Ten moves to their new bowl setup, too.

Either way, the only thing anybody cares about (at least nationally) are BCS appearances, and more than that, BCS wins.

Latest posts