Tony Perkin's health

SwirlinLingerie

Apologies if I missed this in a thread, but does anyone know about Tony Perkin's health status?

He looks like he is playing at about 60% to me. In my opinion, he's the guy that makes this team go. Early in the year, he was relentlessly attacking the rim on offense, and relentlessly dogging the ballhandler on D.

I've been watching Iowa basketball since the mid 80s and wasn't sure if I could recall another Iowa guy playing like Perkins did in those early games. It was something Iowa hadn't had over the years.

Apologies if I missed this in a thread, but does anyone know about Tony Perkin's health status?

He looks like he is playing at about 60% to me. In my opinion, he's the guy that makes this team go. Early in the year, he was relentlessly attacking the rim on offense, and relentlessly dogging the ballhandler on D.

I've been watching Iowa basketball since the mid 80s and wasn't sure if I could recall another Iowa guy playing like Perkins did in those early games. It was something Iowa hadn't had over the years.
Woolridge?

My guess is his hamstring or groin is still bothering him. He was constantly grimacing and massaging it in Florida and in visible pain

He had a Pearl Washington type build, though not as extreme.

Very thick through the rear end and upper legs. But he was strong as an ox, and more than quick enough to prnetrate.
One of my fav Hawks ever. Right after Lester, but not far behind. Also calm and a smile.... like Lester. Also remind myself, Lester had Kenny with him. Kenny didn't always have Ronnie.... as upper classmen.

Latest posts