Tom Clements

Duke

TOS has speculation about the Notre Dame legend. Clements is leaving the Green Bay Packers after 11 years. Both Clements and Ferentz grew up in Pittsburgh. Tom had a choice of playing point guard for Dean Smith at North Carolina or quarterback for Are Parshegian at Notre Dame.He and Kirk have been friends for years.

After Kevin White was forced to fire Tyrone Willingham at ND, he called Kirk. He had hired Kirk at Maine. After Ferentz informed him that he had no interest in the job, he recommended Clements, then the OC for the Buffalo Bills. Clements fit the ND image to a T. However, ND chose fat ass Charlie Weis.

This is probably a coincidence. But it would be a Home Run hire.

Would be a good move for Iowa but I'm trying hard to see what's in it for Clements all considered. Would be a wealth of offensive knowledge to tutor B. Ferentz as he grows in his new job and he definitely knows the QB position for that part of the equation we're trying to fill as well.

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/tom-clements/bb67e02f-a2b1-4543-83af-00f437249c9f

P. S. McCarthy also stated when announcing Clement's departure that there would be no other staff changes........as in crossing David Raih off the Hawk candidate's list.

Tom had the playing calling taken away from him a few years back, so he sucks at his job. PERFECT Iowa coaching candidate.

Would be a good move for Iowa but I'm trying hard to see what's in it for Clements all considered. Would be a wealth of offensive knowledge to tutor B. Ferentz as he grows in his new job and he definitely knows the QB position for that part of the equation we're trying to fill as well.

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/tom-clements/bb67e02f-a2b1-4543-83af-00f437249c9f

P. S. McCarthy also stated when announcing Clement's departure that there would be no other staff changes........as in crossing David Raih off the Hawk candidate's list.

That is interesting I thought there would be a lot more changes with that Green Bay staff.

Tom had the playing calling taken away from him a few years back, so he sucks at his job. PERFECT Iowa coaching candidate.

Really? Here are the numbers for GB when he coordinated the offense - During his time as offensive coordinator (2012-14), the Packers ranked No. 3 in the league in scoring (27.8 ppg), No. 5 in total offense (381.9 ypg), No. 3 in giveaways (54) and No. 5 in first downs (1,048). He didn't suck at his job, sorry.

63 year old dude on the recruiting trail...I really hope we try to avoid that with the new hires.

McCarthy is the QB guy in GB, don't let Clements title fool you.

Pass.
This. The guy is past his prime and unlikely to relate to recruits. Rather have a young inexperienced coach

Go young... much rather throw a bone to some younger coach even from a lower level than a coach at the end-of-the-line. As others pointed out more likely to be innovative, understand today's player and hit the recruiting trail hard.

Go young... much rather throw a bone to some younger coach even from a lower level than a coach at the end-of-the-line. As others pointed out more likely to be innovative, understand today's player and hit the recruiting trail hard.
How is that kind of coach going to relate to or get along with KF? KF doesn't want a boat rocker. Maybe he should hire Matt Millen.

Holy smokes, Clements is 63? I was thinking he was in 40's. He was in the Canadian football league with Warren Moon. Yeah, this feels like GD lite if he went in that direction.

Latest posts