To the 1.6% of you using IE6

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
We are making some changes to our content area which no longer supports IE6. That browser version was released in 2001 btw.

corporate IT guys like it because its stable

Maybe for internal/intranet and in house apps.. but it's a dangerous browser to use in the wild/external networks.

Heck, most of our in house/intranet apps requires at least IE7 now.

i actually have no idea what that means, thats just what the IT guys told me when i complained about my fortune-50 company requiring it.

Corp IT guys need to get a damn clue. Everywhere I work uses 7 and above. This ranges from Healthcare to Shipping/Warehousing to Universities. If you cant run your corp web apps on anything above 6 you have terrible software and should upgrade.

Last edited:
We are making some changes to our content area which no longer supports IE6. That browser version was released in 2001 btw.

JD, I'll warn you, if you require anything better than IE6, my days of posting from work are over. Our IT guys have our machines locked down and my posts from work are all on IE6, as they won't support anything newer. Please don't cut me off, man. Please.

JD, I'll warn you, if you require anything better than IE6, my days of posting from work are over. Our IT guys have our machines locked down and my posts from work are all on IE6, as they won't support anything newer. Please don't cut me off, man. Please.

Can't you just use your phone? :confused:

Latest posts