Timmy D is Hon. Capt on Sat.

NeilDiamond

No matter what you think of this guy personally, he played with fire. Hopefully he can get these guys up for this game as I know the honorary captain speaks to the team before the game.

The punt he ran back at 1:21 of this video against Michigan was certainly memorable. Of course, that game did not turn out so great, but he was pumped up afterwards on the sideline I recall.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oldzxi48IAc]Tim Dwight Punt Returns - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe I missed something, but why would anyone not like him personally as well as footballally

Last edited:
Most memorable TimmyD plays for me:

1. Michigan punt return.
2. Penn St punt return,Iowa wins.
3. Last game as a Hawk,going for the punt return record vs Minny...I was there in Kinnick,and the guy simply refused to go down....it was amazing.

Good choice by KF...TimmyD will fire them up!

Maybe I missed something, but why would anyone not like him personally as well as footballily

Seems like anytime you bring him up, 15 people pipe in with some story about how he was this or that. I don't know the man from Adam, but he was a good player for Iowa who left it all on the field.

Was at the Minnesota game where he broke the Big 10 record for punt return td's for a career. I yelled so loud for so long I think I injured my throat.

Maybe I missed something, but why would anyone not like him personally as well as footballally

I've never met him either, but I've heard rumors that he was an a$$ to people from time to time. Could just be haters doing what they do, IDK.

One of the best players in Hawkeye history though. No doubt about that.

Seems like anytime you bring him up, 15 people pipe in with some story about how he was this or that. I don't know the man from Adam, but he was a good player for Iowa who left it all on the field.

I ran into him after the Minnesota game in 1997 at Vitos. Quick hand shake and "what's up?" kind of deal. He was very cool. Didn't blow me off in the least even though he had about 10 females calling for him at a table.

I've had similiar meetings with Betts, Hodge, & Dace. All pretty cool.

Chad Greenway on the other hand....

I've only met him once (he spoke to my class), and he was fine. Maybe people catch him on a bad day or something, but he was pretty cool the one time I met him.

I could seriously watch Timmy Dwight return videos for 6 hours. I was at the game where he blew up the Arizona punt returner. Even though a penalty, everyone was standing up, yelling, screaming, cheering. Also at the Indiana game where he scored a TD 3 different ways, I believe. As someone else posted, my son (Hayden by the way) wears number 6 whenever he gets the choice for numbers. Dude was exciting like nothing else for people that didn't get to see him play.

I ran into him after the Minnesota game in 1997 at Vitos. Quick hand shake and "what's up?" kind of deal. He was very cool. Didn't blow me off in the least even though he had about 10 females calling for him at a table.

I've had similiar meetings with Betts, Hodge, & Dace. All pretty cool.

Chad Greenway on the other hand....

I see what you did there :D

We could use some of that punt return magic this week, its been a little boring back there this year, maybe thats good i guess, non-boring can suck on punt returns too. Was the one against Michigan the one where the fullback number 30 just destroyed some schmo, what the heck was that dudes name i can't remember, i think it was 30. It was a like a back up tail back or fullback that played a lot of downs for us and just obliterated this guy on a punt return, i suck for not remembering who i'm talking about.

I will remember always that block he put on against the patriots i think where he caught up to LT, passed LT, and then blocked a dude to spring LT for the touchdown. Greatest block by a wide receiver down field ever.

Man I miss watching Tim play. Wish we had someone on our team with the athletic ability, heart/desire, and leadership skills Dwight possessed. He still has to be the best High School athlete I ever watched compete in football and track.

Latest posts