time management

Hawks33

Kirk, KOK and entire team have taken heat for clock management in the past. Tonight's use of clock in last drive was outstanding! O took what the defense gave, picking up first downs, and was on the ball ready when clock was started. Able to run four goal line plays in somewhere around 19 seconds. That was a very poised offense considering the struggles throughout the night and the situation they were in. Kudos to KOK, Stanzi, and the rest of the O for giving us all a rush. Our neighborhood had people yelling in the yards after that was over. Hope this Hawkeye magic never ends!!!

I have to agree with that sentiment. The Hawkeyes offense used every milisecond of that 1:32 to score and not allow Michigan State a chance to counter that. I had a feeling that Sparty gave us too much time when they scored with 1:37 to go. I thought with one TO and a good return, we had a chance. I wasn't totally convinced it would happen, but I had hope.

I have to agree with that sentiment. The Hawkeyes offense used every milisecond of that 1:32 to score and not allow Michigan State a chance to counter that. I had a feeling that Sparty gave us too much time when they scored with 1:37 to go. I thought with one TO and a good return, we had a chance. I wasn't totally convinced it would happen, but I had hope.
I was a little worried when we still had a timeout left we could have used earlier in the drive, but it actually worked out well since we had the time to talk before the last play. That was smart.

I loved the fact that on "The Drive" we never spiked the ball. When we got first downs, we took the time to call the play, ran the play, and didn't waste too much time. I'm going to give credit to Stanzi on that one, but I'll give half a kudo to the coaching staff for letting him run with it.

I loved the fact that on "The Drive" we never spiked the ball. When we got first downs, we took the time to call the play, ran the play, and didn't waste too much time. I'm going to give credit to Stanzi on that one, but I'll give half a kudo to the coaching staff for letting him run with it.
Kirk mentioned on the radio after the game that they cancelled the 2 minute drill work in practice because of the rain. After this, he said maybe they won't do it anymore in practice. Ironic?

Latest posts