Ticket Sales

Nearly 50,000 tickets have been sold to the Insight Bowl and they are expecting a record crowd. I am sure there are plenty of Hawk fans that bought their tickets through mediums other than the U of I ticket office. We did not sell out our allottment, but i am sure there will be a respectable number of Iowa fans in Sun Devil Stadium tomorrow night.

lots of IA fans bought tickets local (in AZ). Iowans now is AZ = very large number. Maybe lots of Mizzu gans did too, guess we will see at gametime. I've been to four bowl games and never have purchased a ticket through UI. Usually, you get crappy tickets. This bowl actually gave the schools good tickets (sideline tickets not corners), which is the exception.

In the Kansas City Star preview (on the Insight links thread) said that Iowa sold 6,200 tickets while Mizzou sold 7,000. I know many Iowa fans that did not purchase their tickets through the University and bought their tickets directly from the bowl........many did this to get better seats.

fans are learning from past experience that the Univ bowl allotment seats suck, so they are buying their own.

Plus fans getting tired of paying for all the extra charges.

Now you tell me. My seats aren't awful, but they're not the best either for what I'm paying. And there is a ridiculous number of extra fees.

Guess I need to go to more bowl games and learn the drill. Will certainly go the direct route next time.

Now you tell me. My seats aren't awful, but they're not the best either for what I'm paying. And there is a ridiculous number of extra fees.

Guess I need to go to more bowl games and learn the drill. Will certainly go the direct route next time.

It took me a couple times tweeterhawk to figure things out. Enjoy the game. Give updates about the atmosphere. I had planned on never missing another bowl game. The Minny game has just left such a bad taste in my mouth and I could just not force myself to spend the money. It has been tough on me not being with all the hawk fans partying. I also had knee replacement a few weeks ago and recovery has taken longer and been more painful than expected.

It took me a couple times tweeterhawk to figure things out. Enjoy the game. Give updates about the atmosphere. I had planned on never missing another bowl game. The Minny game has just left such a bad taste in my mouth and I could just not force myself to spend the money. It has been tough on me not being with all the hawk fans partying. I also had knee replacement a few weeks ago and recovery has taken longer and been more painful than expected.

Get well, Stateline, and enjoy the game from afar. My son and I will do our best to drag this team to victory!

You can buy a scalped bowl game ticket for, at worst, half price. Frankly if you're paying more than 25 bucks to get into a second tier bowl game you're overpaying.

Get well, Stateline, and enjoy the game from afar. My son and I will do our best to drag this team to victory!
Nothing better than going to a Hawk bowl game with family. Wife, son and daughter, and I have
some of our best memories together at Hawk bowl games. As they get older (26 and 29) and have fulltime jobs, along with spouses it gets tougher for everybody to get time off. Everybody had the time off for a Jan. 1 bowl game. Minny game ruined that. I would have probably tried to suck it up and go even if the Dr. did say no. So instead of enjoying warm weather I will sitting in living room in northern iowa and try and enjoy game.

Latest posts