Ticket prices

DDHawkeye

What do you think the cheapest price for scalped tickets will be for the ISU and MSU football games this year? We will be undefeated for both those games so keep that in mind when you answer. I'm trying to give my buddy in Michigan an estimate so he can come cheer on the Hawks. I am guessing between $80 and $100 but it's hard to tell.

What do you think the cheapest price for scalped tickets will be for the ISU and MSU football games this year? We will be undefeated for both those games so keep that in mind when you answer. I'm trying to give my buddy in Michigan an estimate so he can come cheer on the Hawks. I am guessing between $80 and $100 but it's hard to tell.

Well, the MSU game is after ISU, so you probably won't be undefeated for both games, if you know what I mean :). I would guess somewhere close to $100. Anyway, I'm hoping maybe I can find some a little cheaper than that.

I would guess closer to kickoff will be $80 or so for ISU. Bet you can get them for face for MSU. And I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourself on the undefeated thing. The trip to the desert worries me... :(

The negativity around here is unbelievable. We will be undefeated, and tickets will cost more than face value. BUT HOW MUCH MORE???

Based on past experience, I would think the Iowa State tickets will bring around $100-140 depending on the seat location. The Michigan State tickets will skyrocket if the Hawks are undefeated that late in the season. (Similar to the Northwestern tickets last year). Expect tickets for that game to jump in price (from current levels) to around $110-150 a ticket.

I can't wait for this season to begin! I may have 2 extra tickets for the Michigan State game available, feel free to PM me if you are interested. Good luck.

I have season tix but my friend does not.

I'm just half kidding about the negativity. There seems to be a lot of doubters around these forums though. I'm convinced that this is going to be the greatest season ever for the Hawkeyes.

I'm just half kidding about the negativity. There seems to be a lot of doubters around these forums though. I'm convinced that this is going to be the greatest season ever for the Hawkeyes.

OK, well if you have season tickets you can request additional tickets for those games. You may or may not get them. But it is worth a shot for face value.

Last year when I got to the stadium for the Nortwestern game the prices were crazy, I think it was 250-300 apiece priced me out of the stadium right off the bat. The year before that I went to the Penn St game for 80 bucks a ticket so it varies.

As a season ticket holder I had to sell my ISU tickets two years ago as our daughter was born the day before the game. We sit in the South End Zone and we scored $300 for the pair. This season we applied for a second set of tickets and will attempt to sell those for the same price.

As a season ticket holder I had to sell my ISU tickets two years ago as our daughter was born the day before the game. We sit in the South End Zone and we scored $300 for the pair. This season we applied for a second set of tickets and will attempt to sell those for the same price.

I have a pair, and I also applied for four more. I wonder what the odds of me getting the additional four are?

How is not sharing your optimism then, negativity?

There is wanting an undefeated season, then there is expecting an undefeated season. It is fine to have high expectations, but not to lash out at those who don't share them.

Being negative would be saying we are going to win 6 games, not predicting we will lose a game. If all of history is to be any indicator, we probably will lose a game. History is negative.

How is not sharing your optimism then, negativity?

There is wanting an undefeated season, then there is expecting an undefeated season. It is fine to have high expectations, but not to lash out at those who don't share them.

Being negative would be saying we are going to win 6 games, not predicting we will lose a game. If all of history is to be any indicator, we probably will lose a game. History is negative.

That's exactly right.... not sharing my optimism is negativity (relative to me).