Thread Questionw

Enginerd

Jon,
Two questions:
1) Is there a way to make it so that the posts are shown newest to oldest rather than the way they are now? During the gameday threads it would be nice to just hit refresh and have the newest post at the top.

2) Is there a way to auto refresh threads?

My Cpanel --> Edit Options (on left, under "Settings & Options") --> Thread Display Options --> Thread Display Mode: select Linear - Newest First.

While you're there, select "Show 40 Posts Per Page" in the Number of Posts to Show Per Page option. Maximizes your view.

I don't think there is a thread autorefresh feature on HN.

I guess you engineers can't figure everything out, eh. :rolleyes:

My Cpanel --> Edit Options (on left, under "Settings & Options") --> Thread Display Options --> Thread Display Mode: select Linear - Newest First.

While you're there, select "Show 40 Posts Per Page" in the Number of Posts to Show Per Page option. Maximizes your view.

That's what we've got humanities grads for.:p

That's what we've got humanities grads for.:p

Iw wasw goingw tow answerw yourw questionw yesterdayw butw sincew yourw anw engineerw Iw thoughtw you'dw figurew itw outw.

Now I've probably ****ed up my spell check for my phone! You can also open a thread and at the top left you can hit the sort by unread first or in the right there's some Display options as well, without going into your cpanel.

As far as refreshing a thread that I'm in, I always just hit the little refresh arrow (that's the curvy one) in the URL line thingy at the top of the page.

Your welcomew

Iw wasw goingw tow answerw yourw questionw yesterdayw butw sincew yourw anw engineerw Iw thoughtw you'dw figurew itw outw.

Now I've probably ****ed up my spell check for my phone! You can also open a thread and at the top left you can hit the sort by unread first or in the right there's some Display options as well, without going into your cpanel.

As far as refreshing a thread that I'm in, I always just hit the little refresh arrow (that's the curvy one) in the URL line thingy at the top of the page.

Your welcomew

touche, I can't spell eitherw

So what sort of things do you engineer? I think I once owned a car you helped design.

:D

1141785512_dfd51c4fc1.jpg

Thanks for this Vin! Old dumb guys appreciate this kind of info.:)

Latest posts