This year with Iowa Hawkeye major sports

I was just curious, so I compiled the records of Iowa vs. B1G opponents in football, mens basketball, womens basketball and wrestling, what I consider to be the major sports.

Minnesota 5-0
Illinois 3-0
NW 3-0
Ohio State 3-0
Michigan St. 2-0
Rutgers 2-0
Wisconsin 4-1
Purdue 3-1
Indiana 2-1
Nebraska 4-2
Penn St. 3-2
Maryland 2-2
Michigan 2-3

Total record of 38-12!

Pretty great times when there is only 1 B1G ten school that has a winning record against us, sweeping 6 teams and having a winning record against 11 of the 13. Thought it was interesting.

Last edited:
Also throw in that wrestling has already won the regular season Big Ten title; Women' BB won the Big Ten tournament title last year and will get an NCAA bid this year; Iowa football captured the Holiday Bowl championship (Third bowl championship in a row); and Men's BB should earn their second consecutive NCAA tournament bid.

Also throw in that wrestling has already won the regular season Big Ten title; Women' BB won the Big Ten tournament title last year and will get an NCAA bid this year; Iowa football captured the Holiday Bowl championship (Third bowl championship in a row); and Men's BB should earn their second consecutive NCAA tournament bid.

Yep, all great additions!

Latest posts