This team is dead to me.

Biggusblockus

This 2010 version that is.

I've been blessed with 40 years as a Hawkeye fan. I've seen great football, crappy football, and everything in between. I thought I'd seen it all - until this season.

This team layed down and quit with the game on the line today.

Losing I can handle. Going half-speed or quitting I cannot.

Next spring I'll be just as exited and optimistic as usual about the 2011 Iowa Hawkeyes. But the 2010 version can go **** themselves as far as I'm concerned.

15 years from now - when someone asks them "were you on the 2010 Hawkeye team?" I hope they get embarrassed, lie, and say "no - I was in the marching band".

Well, my son was in the marching band for 4 years at Iowa. You would be surprised how hard they work and how much pride they take in that band.

Having said that, I certainly agree with everything else you are saying here. Just a tough, tough season from every perspective. KF is going to have the challenge of his coaching career to get this team prepared for a bowl game.

Agreed. I know we won't be the most talented team on the field always but this team flat out quit and I'm ******.

Sadly, I agree.

When a senior leader admits the team lost the will to win (no pride) that's a serious concern for me. Giving it your best and coming up short is disappointing. But quitting is totally unacceptable!

This team has given up since the MSU game. I will be so glad to see this craptastic senior class graduate. We need some one to step up next year and take control of this team from the players, casue it sure as hell wont come from the coaches. This game all phases looked and acted like they did not care if they won or lost. That is the most disrespectful thing they could do to this fine university and its fans. Its one thing to get beat, its another to quit and not care. Good riddance senior class of 2010, you will go down as the most dissappointing senior year.

I couldn't agree more. This team obviously lacks character and I think that has shown in the last three weeks. They are a waste of my time and energy to watch.

If Iowa receives a bowl invitation, the team should vote to decline it and express their wishes to Kirk Ferentz, Gary Barta and the media. If Iowa somehow does accept an invitation, Iowa fans should vote with their pocketbooks and feet and not go.

I see little of any redeeming value in the last half of this season. This team gave up on itself; fine, good Hawkeye fans say so long, farewell, good luck to those few of you who get a shot at the next level. But we will not reward your loser attitude. We'll look forward to fresh team leadership and a renewed will to win next year.

If Iowa receives a bowl invitation, the team should vote to decline it and express their wishes to Kirk Ferentz, Gary Barta and the media. If Iowa somehow does accept an invitation, Iowa fans should vote with their pocketbooks and feet and not go.

I see little of any redeeming value in the last half of this season. This team gave up on itself; fine, good Hawkeye fans say so long, farewell, good luck to those few of you who get a shot at the next level. But we will not reward your loser attitude. We'll look forward to fresh team leadership and a renewed will to win next year.

Wow tweeter WTF next your going to be one of those crazy fire NP fans also.

It is sort of ironic how you all are sitting here saying that giving up is unacceptable...

...remind me what you are all doing? Giving up on this team? On the rest of the year?

Because I am pretty sure this season isn't over yet.

I agree that giving up is unacceptable... but my god... this is ridiculous.

Sorry, bowls are all about the money, and of course the much needed practice time. There won't be any declining. Besides, I am sure they need the vacation.

I just hope KF has the guts to sit any players, especially seniors, not engaged. I would much rather see younger guys with some drive than another game of this crap.

In fact I won't watch this rerun over again.

Wow tweeter WTF next your going to be one of those crazy fire NP fans also.

I'm very sincere in this. Sitting home next month will:

1) Send a very loud and clear message to the herd that giving up, that not playing your hardest, is simply not acceptable. Was it just me or have the Iowa football players the last two or three games looked more like Todd Lickliter's teams?
2) Avoid any more serious, career-jeopardizing or -ending injuries to players. How many more concussions do you want to A-Rob to suffer? With two in short order, he already has a higher degree of vulnerability.
3) Avoid yet another embarrassing late-in-the-game choke that this team and senior leadership seems so capable of pulling. Time to move on to 2011.
4) Let the current staff focus on keeping all remaining commits in the fold.
5) Let Gary Barta and Kirk Ferentz sit down and focus on what went wrong this year, what can be done to avoid a repeat in future years, what new directions the program needs to take and whether Kirk is willing to go in those new directions.

End the madness that is/was 2010 Iowa football.

Last edited:
Sorry, bowls are all about the money, and of course the much needed practice time. There won't be any declining. Besides, I am sure they need the vacation.

I just hope KF has the guts to sit any players, especially seniors, not engaged. I would much rather see younger guys with some drive than another game of this crap.

In fact I won't watch this rerun over again.

i agree. send a message to the guys who quit. DJK was not one of them. I am sure there are some others who deserve to go to a bowl game, but I can count more seniors that don't then do.

Tweeter...would you seriously not want your younger guys to get more practices and a chance for Hawk fans to take a vacation? How do you know the team wouldn't bounce back and end on a good note with some good momentum? Some of you Hawk fans are the most fickle fans I've ever seen. 3 months ago there was 12 and 0 talk on this site as well as how great KF was and that he deserves the money he gets.

I really could care less about Iowa but you should support your team.

Well, my son was in the marching band for 4 years at Iowa. You would be surprised how hard they work and how much pride they take in that band.

Having said that, I certainly agree with everything else you are saying here. Just a tough, tough season from every perspective. KF is going to have the challenge of his coaching career to get this team prepared for a bowl game.

I agree there is a lot of hard work and pride that goes into being a part of the HMB. Same goes for the cheeleaders, Herkys, ballboys, golden girls, etc. I only wish the seniors on this FB team had some pride this season. This was not meant to be any disrespect to the HMB. Its an honor to wear an Iowa FB uniform - something many of us would have killed for. To see them disgrace it by laying down in the 4th quarter 6 times just makes me mad as hell.

Sitting out a bowl game because they weren't happy with their season is the same type of crap that Notre Dame did a few years ago and look where they have been since. . .

I dont post very often, and I am not even sure if I am doing this right... I too am very disappointed by this game & season, but not accepting a bowl game is at 7-5 is ridiculous. I wont hit on the practice issue again, but if we are worried about keeping "commits in the fold", what message will we be sending to the current and then hopeful commits by not going to a bowl game? That we are going to give up on them if they dont hit expectations? That the fan base wont support them during a "less than a 10 win season" by not buying tickets to the bowl game? I can think of a multitude of reasons to go to any bowl game, but no reasons at all to not go a bowl game.....That said, I truly believe that given a month to wrap their minds around this disappointed season, the seniors and coaches will get this team prepared to play in whatever bowl game takes us.

PS: Lets not kid ourselves, our hopeful commits read these message boards and threads like this probably dont help in their decision making process.

I dont post very often, and I am not even sure if I am doing this right... I too am very disappointed by this game & season, but not accepting a bowl game is at 7-5 is ridiculous. I wont hit on the practice issue again, but if we are worried about keeping "commits in the fold", what message will we be sending to the current and then hopeful commits by not going to a bowl game? That we are going to give up on them if they dont hit expectations? That the fan base wont support them during a "less than a 10 win season" by not buying tickets to the bowl game? I can think of a multitude of reasons to go to any bowl game, but no reasons at all to not go a bowl game.....That said, I truly believe that given a month to wrap their minds around this disappointed season, the seniors and coaches will get this team prepared to play in whatever bowl game takes us.

PS: Lets not kid ourselves, our hopeful commits read these message boards and threads like this probably dont help in their decision making process.

Feel free to post more often. This place needs WAY more people like you right now.

You're a better poster than this tweeter. We are not Notre Dame. We don't turn down bowl invites because we think we are above them. Just doesn't happen. Iowa's traveling fan base is one of our greatest assets. They have continually gotten the Iowa team into better bowls over the year than they actually deserved(although Ferentz gets credit for it in most cases). You start messing with that element and you are really messing with the heart of the Iowa program. Not smart.

While I agree that a significant portion of this team quit this year, there were still plenty of guys that continued to fight the whole way through. Guys like DJK, McNutt, Morris, and Vandervelde.These are the ones you support by continuing to cheer on the rest of the season.

At the end of the day we have the same record as Florida and a better record than Texas. I bet most of you would've signed up for this at the beginning of the season. I was one that came in here after the Wisky loss and said we would end up 7-5 and was crucified by some in here for thinking such things. Come and get your crow - you know who you are :) I've been a long-time Hawk fan and I've seen this song and dance before - and it sucks.

Tweeter...would you seriously not want your younger guys to get more practices and a chance for Hawk fans to take a vacation? How do you know the team wouldn't bounce back and end on a good note with some good momentum? Some of you Hawk fans are the most fickle fans I've ever seen. 3 months ago there was 12 and 0 talk on this site as well as how great KF was and that he deserves the money he gets.

I really could care less about Iowa but you should support your team.[/QUOTE]

then why are you here?

Latest posts