This site continually crashes IE

1977Hawkeye

If I try to use this site with Internet Explorer (my primary browser), the browser continually crashes with the "IE has stopped working" message, or my browser will occasionally just simply disappear.

I know, I know - use Chrome or Firefox instead of Internet Explorer. But might want to fix that so that my window doesn't keep crashing. Or better yet, if you don't want to support Internet Explorer, there are ways to prevent people from using the site if they aren't using certain browsers.

I tried Chrome on my oldest PC which runs Windows XP and it was such a memory hog that eventually it slowed the PC to a crawl and actually distorted the music I would be listening to whenever I used the scroll wheel on my mouse. I switched back to Firefox and the problem immediately went away. I haven't used IE for years and would never go back.

I work on many computers. What version of IE are you using and what OS version is on your PC? Others are using IE without a problem.

If you are using a Windows Vista PC without keeping the updates current and Java current and using IE expect problems. Your anti-virus program may also be partially responsible.

I've found that the most recent versions of firefox to be a very good browser. Mozilla has reduced the memory requirements needed.

Latest posts