This site and recruiting news

HawkBlitz

I was wondering how this site is going to handle recruiting updates and such. Now that it is an independent site will this site be breaking news or taking more of a back seat like the previous Hawkeyenation? Also, at the present time I can't find a commit list or any profiles, am I just missing it or should I be more patient. My final question is will this site recognize Christian Kirksey as a commit?;)

We will not be contacting any prospects at least until they have signed their LOI's. We may call coaches from time to time.

What we will do is aggregate information that is posted around the www. People that live in areas where Iowa has a prospect, I encourage them to post any and all links they see in their local papers.

Also, here is an example of some other ways we will 'cover' recruiting:
http://www.hawkeyenation.com/hawkeye-recruiting/grayshirt-pk-commits

Providing proper attribution for other's work is imperative, be it from me, or from users. It's just the fair and right thing to do. But with recruiting, like the games on the field, its not just about the name...there are other aspects that go along with recruiting and I look forward to those discussions and analysis.

With regards to a recruiting database, we do not have that now. However, some form of a database is in the plans...and I have been around this genre for ten years, and I have not seen or heard of anything like what I have in mind for it and again, the fans are going to be directly involved...that does NOT MEAN FANS CALLING ANYONE. That is a no-no.

But I think people will be excited once they see it. That is one of several plans we have for this site that are in various stages of development.

I am so happy to hear this. I have always thought how much of a pain it must be for these recruits to take calls/e-mails/texts etc. from all of these team fan sites. I am sure it is exciting at first for the player, but I think they would get tired after a very short time.

Jon,

If this site is going to be a aggregation of recruiting info from other sites, I think it would be nice to have a page that listed all of the commits along with their ratings from scout and rivals.

We will not be contacting any prospects at least until they have signed their LOI's. We may call coaches from time to time.

What we will do is aggregate information that is posted around the www. People that live in areas where Iowa has a prospect, I encourage them to post any and all links they see in their local papers.

Also, here is an example of some other ways we will 'cover' recruiting:
http://www.hawkeyenation.com/hawkeye-recruiting/grayshirt-pk-commits

Providing proper attribution for other's work is imperative, be it from me, or from users. It's just the fair and right thing to do. But with recruiting, like the games on the field, its not just about the name...there are other aspects that go along with recruiting and I look forward to those discussions and analysis.

With regards to a recruiting database, we do not have that now. However, some form of a database is in the plans...and I have been around this genre for ten years, and I have not seen or heard of anything like what I have in mind for it and again, the fans are going to be directly involved...that does NOT MEAN FANS CALLING ANYONE. That is a no-no.

But I think people will be excited once they see it. That is one of several plans we have for this site that are in various stages of development.

Thats about the 3rd or 4th time I've seen you mention that "NO FANS WILL BE CALLING ANYONE". Are there really people out there that think that would be legal?
________
LATINSTARSEX CAM

Last edited:
Thats about the 3rd or 4th time I've seen you mention that "NO FANS WILL BE CALLING ANYONE". Are there really people out there that think that would be legal?

There are examples of this at least once per month around the nation. So yes, there are people that do this...and there are people that think talking to these kids is no big deal, or no one will find out, etc.

I want to be certain that as far as this site goes, that message is beyond just understood. It's a big deal.

There are examples of this at least once per month around the nation. So yes, there are people that do this...and there are people that think talking to these kids is no big deal, or no one will find out, etc.

I want to be certain that as far as this site goes, that message is beyond just understood. It's a big deal.

Agree 100%. Just blows my mind that people would think its OK.
________
Novana Residence Condos

Last edited:
I am sure that people think certain things are no big deal, and innocent. But it's still outside of the rules...and not something I am going to take a chance on here.

Latest posts