This one sub I don't understand

loesshillshawk

Gessel sits with 3:41 left and a 4 point lead...he comes back under 40 seconds down 3....somebody explain to me why? It is unexplainable...and inexcusable.

Gessel sits with 3:41 left and a 4 point lead...he comes back under 40 seconds down 3....somebody explain to me why? It is unexplainable...and inexcusable.

I was saying the same thing! Also, why not give the ball to Oglesby? The bigger question I have is WHERE was Marble and White in the second half??

I was saying the same thing! Also, why not give the ball to Oglesby? The bigger question I have is WHERE was Marble and White in the second half??
White cannot shoot a jump shot...he is a liability on the floor right now for this team. WHY NOT TRY TWO BIGS for a short period of time anyway?

Coaches at this level have stats on everything...I mean everything. Someone needs to show this staff at the end of ball games with Marble running the point our offense is INEFFECTIVE

Gessell has been horrible at the end of some games this year with TOs and missed FTs. I like the line-up we had of Gabe, Utofff, White, Ogs, Marble. It was getting stuff done. I don't like it when they put Gessell and McCabe in there at the end.

Gesell and Woodbury should have been in at the end. Gabe had trouble for much of the game defending that giant brute with the canadian last name and they also beat him a bunch of times on the back door. Our best defensive stretches came with Woody on the floor today. And there's really no reason to not have your best point guard in during crunch time. Mike's the one guy who doesn't make mistakes in a pressure situation (at least lately, see both the Illinois and Penn State game)

Gessell has been horrible at the end of some games this year with TOs and missed FTs. I like the line-up we had of Gabe, Utofff, White, Ogs, Marble. It was getting stuff done. I don't like it when they put Gessell and McCabe in there at the end.
Mike gets us into a flow...allows the rest to work their curl cuts, etc. When Marble runs the show...it is HIM...HIM only very little curling, just high screens.

White was not capable of playing the 3 against a team like Wisconsin. We should have gone with gesell, oglesby, marble, white, and woody/gabe. Even though kamisky was dominating gabe we need a center at all times.

WTF are you smoking dude???? Did you fall asleep at the end of the last game against Penn State, must have.

I'm not so sure Marble didn't want to be the hero at the end. He held it a lot longer then normal and a part of me though he was thinking of his draft stock (if he has any) and not winning the game. That last play seemed more selfish than normal with how long he held it and how forced it seemed.

Of course, if you want to get drafted take a post guy to school on the break to put your team up 5 instead of getting swatted creating a break for the other team. That was the play of the game.

Gesell plays only 22mn produced 10pts and 2 assists.. I get oglesby being hot, but Gesell seems to be in when god things happen and out when bad things happen, like today.

Could have went with all 3 with white and ugh off. The zone worked well for a while, but didn't like how at the end the man to man got stretched away from the hoop with no help side available. That was really disheartening. Quite a few headscratchers today.

Maybe a couple earlier games but most people, analysts on TV, say gesell is the key to the engine.

Gesell has played really well in the Big 10 season, not sure where your coming from there.

Gesell is #1 in Big and #2 in country in assists to turnovers and you say he is horrible???????

Gesell and Woodbury should have been in at the end. Gabe had trouble for much of the game defending that giant brute with the canadian last name and they also beat him a bunch of times on the back door. Our best defensive stretches came with Woody on the floor today. And there's really no reason to not have your best point guard in during crunch time. Mike's the one guy who doesn't make mistakes in a pressure situation (at least lately, see both the Illinois and Penn State game)

Pretty much dead on post. Gabe out of position on D a lot today, slow to react. Would be nice if he'd dunk the ball too instead of missing point black shots.

White decided not to show today. Usually it's for a half, but he decided to pull a doubleheader today.

White can be neutralized by good teams because white can't shoot a jump shot.

I said this over and over last year... he tried to work on it during the off season but it hasn't come to fruition.

Until he develops a jump shot he is easily guardable in a half court set.

I'll have to take another look at the game, but it seems to me lately coaches are putting a smaller guy on him and just working him over the entire game. I watched Gasser hold and push him when he was trying to post him up and there were no calls coming from the refs.

Latest posts