This Just In

ICAlumni

Moeaki is REALLY good!
At least one of my teams (Chiefs) is overachieving and playing well this year. It seems like maybe his injury problems were just bad luck (cross fingers.)

Not too into the NFL - at least not compared to Iowa sports but i'll say this... Chiefs fan or no...

You have to love watching those guys after watching the Hawks. They are everything Iowa isn't. Blitz like crazy... stuff the run, super athletic playmaking corners. Pound the run, playaction pass all over and run completely wide open unpredictable plays all the time.

Sorry, I digress...

Moeaki is REALLY good!
At least one of my teams (Chiefs) is overachieving and playing well this year. It seems like maybe his injury problems were just bad luck (cross fingers.)

Not too into the NFL - at least not compared to Iowa sports but i'll say this... Chiefs fan or no...

You have to love watching those guys after watching the Hawks. They are everything Iowa isn't. Blitz like crazy... stuff the run, super athletic playmaking corners. Pound the run, playaction pass all over and run completely wide open unpredictable plays all the time.

Sorry, I digress...

It's simultaneously rewarding and revolting to watch former Hawks reach their full potential after they leave Iowa.

Moeaki should have been thrown to 10 times a game here.

It's simultaneously rewarding and revolting to watch former Hawks reach their full potential after they leave Iowa.

Moeaki should have been thrown to 10 times a game here.

And then we'd be left listening to you THIS year talking about how DJK should have been thrown to way more. There's only one ball out there, gotta spread it around when you've got more than one playmaker.

Tony also wasn't exactly the most reliable guy as far as injuries were concerned, either. That held him back big time here.

I feel the hurt of so many losses in this thread. OOOOHHHHH MY HAWK HURTS. what could have been. Hope and change. I think DJK will make a move in the NFL and we will feel that too.

Did you like the game on Sunday - Moeaki's first game back after a concussion and he was constantly double teamed. That opened all those huge plays up for Bowe. I don't think Tony had a single catch in that game, but he was a game changer with his presence. You'd think he was Randy Moss or something.

Did you like the game on Sunday - Moeaki's first game back after a concussion and he was constantly double teamed. That opened all those huge plays up for Bowe. I don't think Tony had a single catch in that game, but he was a game changer with his presence. You'd think he was Randy Moss or something.

He had a 6-yard TD reception, and that was it (though you're right about opening things up for Bowe).

Cruddy part is the Chiefs should be 9-2. Never should have lost the Texan and Raider games! But 7-4 isn't bad, they just need to keep it going. They had it rolling Sunday running and passing!

And then we'd be left listening to you THIS year talking about how DJK should have been thrown to way more. There's only one ball out there, gotta spread it around when you've got more than one playmaker.

Tony also wasn't exactly the most reliable guy as far as injuries were concerned, either. That held him back big time here.

You don't think DJK should have touched the ball more than he did?

Hmmm. Interesting.

You don't think DJK should have touched the ball more than he did?

Hmmm. Interesting.

If we'd thrown to Moeaki 10 or more times a game, DJK would have gotten EVEN LESS opportunities. When you have Moeaki, DJK, McNutt, Stross, and Reisner, you've got to spread things out, or you end up totally wasting a good amount of talent. That's not even taking into account the touches that A-Rob/Wegher/Jewell need to get.

Latest posts