This isnt just a bad team

SpiderRico

Its now a bad PROGRAM. Strength and conditioning is bad. Fundamentals such as tackling, blocking, throwing and catching are bad. Very little discipline on the field....containment, mental errors, etc. Attitude and toughness are gone. And now, for the 4th time in the last 7 years (2006, 2007, 2010 and 2012), the team has quit on the coaching staff.

Barta has to figure out which is more costly....buying out Ferentz and saving the program or continue to let KF drive the program into the ground to the point that, in 4 years, its nearly dead.

Ball's in your court GarBar....

Its now a bad PROGRAM. Strength and conditioning is bad. Fundamentals such as tackling, blocking, throwing and catching are bad. Very little discipline on the field....containment, mental errors, etc. Attitude and toughness are gone. And now, for the 4th time in the last 7 years (2006, 2007, 2010 and 2012), the team has quit on the coaching staff.

Barta has to figure out which is more costly....buying out Ferentz and saving the program or continue to let KF drive the program into the ground to the point that, in 4 years, its nearly dead.

This is the worst team ever under ferentz, and i agree this is now the WORST program along with illinois in the big ten. We are in the need of a massive housecleaning. I would be happy to take my chances of the unknown, because this crap is known and horrible

Kurt's coaching style reminds me of that scene in Animal House where the marching band keeps walking into the brick wall...

Dog crap coaching staff. Dog crap team.

I skipped the second half and had a nice bike ride. Next up, pizza.

How could this program fade into oblivion so fast? I know, I know. Chomp. Snort. Chomp. That's football.

Michigan is a fine offensive team, but through three quarters they had over 500 yards and scored every time. Dang. Miserable Team.

Wait a second, I thought players came to Iowa to get Doyalized???

First of all ... stop blaming the players ans especially their attitudes. They are still working their butts off unlike you and any of the other posters on this thread.

There is no doubt Ferentz and his coaches need to get better with in-coaching, game coaching, clock coaching and X and O play to play coaching... everything else is great.

This is not a bad team, this is a mediorce season that includes a bunch of close losses including the PHYSICAL MISTAKES the players have made.... dropped passes, poor passes thrown, the missed block or tackle... then BING.. Iowa is 8 and 3 with another chance.

No excuses for the coaches... but no reason to fire... and you posters, so-called, Iowa fans, other posters... etc are fair weather fans, band wagonners and should just SHUT UP and LEAVE

This is the worst team ever under ferentz, and i agree this is now the WORST program along with illinois in the big ten. We are in the need of a massive housecleaning. I would be happy to take my chances of the unknown, because this crap is known and horrible

No it is not! This team under went coaching changes and a bunch of physical mistakes, injuries and poor execution.

This team also suffered from some in-game coaching, adjustments, preperations and clock management that needs to be improved.

You on the other hand are the unknown.. crappy and horrible poster with no real analysis, history or insight to the losses suffered by Iowa football this year

First of all ... stop blaming the players ans especially their attitudes. They are still working their butts off unlike you and any of the other posters on this thread.

There is no doubt Ferentz and his coaches need to get better with in-coaching, game coaching, clock coaching and X and O play to play coaching... everything else is great.

This is not a bad team, this is a mediorce season that includes a bunch of close losses including the PHYSICAL MISTAKES the players have made.... dropped passes, poor passes thrown, the missed block or tackle... then BING.. Iowa is 8 and 3 with another chance.

No excuses for the coaches... but no reason to fire... and you posters, so-called, Iowa fans, other posters... etc are fair weather fans, band wagonners and should just SHUT UP and LEAVE

Truth hurts, doesnt it?

4th time in 7 years that the team has flat out quit. No way to spin that one pal.

I don't think Doyle is the issue, you can only polish a turd so much. Doyle does his job well and does not call one single play on O ot D. He just needs better talent to work with. However, Kf, Gd, and Pp got to go. Their so predictable my 7 year old son knows what is coming before it happens. Move over Mn and In, there's a new bottom dweller. Time for Kf to jump on the grenade to save his players because he is unwilling to adapt to current winning football methods. We stop using the abacus and started using calculators a long time ago because they work faster and are more efficient Kf probably prefers the abacus.

Do you have any evidence for that comment? Did Doyle suddenly forget how to train people?

Did you just seriously ask if i have any evidence for that?! How about the last 11 games? Or hell, how about the last 3 flippin years? Just another fat cat coach collecting a paycheck...

How, exactly, are fans supposed to "work their butts off?"

By donating? Check.
By buying tickets? Check.
By following them on road games? Check.

Michigan had over 500 yards by the end of the third quarter, and scored TDs, I believe on their first 6 or so possessions. I've tried doing pushups to help the team, but it hasn't worked so far.

Do you have any evidence for that comment? Did Doyle suddenly forget how to train people?

It's difficult to tell which things are awful when the team is awful. The lines are young, and the O line has been reshuffled after the injuries. The O line was doing pretty well prior to that, so they get a mulligan there, in my opinion.

I think the biggest issues have to be talent (Tanner Miller just gets schooled IMHO), and a new coaching staff. The very young guys on the team do appear to have some skills and and physical abilities, so we'll have to see.

Having said that, the lines get dominated. If that continues next year, I think everything is on the table, personally.

Latest posts