This is one of the most important Iowa football games in years!

1st

That is the headline story on this board! How sad that our football program has fallen to such a low point that playing Missouri State is considered to be an important game!

I'm likely in the minority here but I don't think this week's game is that significant, unless we lose.

This game is important because it gets them a win and they can get more game reps before Iowa State which is important for this team. I'm glad we don't have a week off like ISU.

This game isn't important. Should Iowa lose, it will become very important but Iowa isn't going to lose

This. It would be important to Alabama for all the same reasons. I can't believe they have fallen so far.

If Iowa loses to Missouri St., the KF era is officially over, he may be the HC in 2014, but everyone will know that it is over. A loss to Missouri St. will indicate that KF can't get the train back on the track.

This game is important because it gets them a win and they can get more game reps before Iowa State which is important for this team. I'm glad we don't have a week off like ISU.

I hear what folks are saying about getting reps and getting the monkey off your back regarding 7 losses, but...

(Bad analogy alert)...

If I'm a struggling 100 meter sprinter trying to get back on track to make the Olympic team, I don't consider a victory in the Special Olympics as a stepping stone towards turning things around.

This has the potential to be one of the most important Iowa football games in fifteen years. If we lose, it will set in motion the series of events that will lead to the hire of our next coach.

We're not going to lose, though.

When you have lost 7 straight...the next game is always the most important. I just want the to continue what they did in the first game...and correct the mistakes...drops, missed assignments, etc. Make fun of the Missouri State importance if you want, but I agree with Jon...this is a necessary building block to the season.

This game is a meh and an unnecessary building block vs a jr varsity opponent. But the KF lovers will point to this blowout as his triumphant return.

The last time Mo State's coach visited Iowa he beat Iowa and gave Iowa it's only loss off the regular season. Why do I have this bad feeling?

Don't forget how everyone last year thought the Chippewas were going to get blown out. On paper it should be but I have come to realize if it is a Ferentz team, then anybody has a chance to beat us.

Don't forget how everyone last year thought the Chippewas were going to get blown out. On paper it should be but I have come to realize if it is a Ferentz team, then anybody has a chance to beat us.

yeah that CMU team would wipe the floor with Mo st. If this were W. Michigan who we play after ISU, I could see the fake concern but this is a bad FCS team we're talking about here.

The last time Mo State's coach visited Iowa he beat Iowa and gave Iowa it's only loss off the regular season. Why do I have this bad feeling?

Not going to happen. No way Iowa loses this game. Worst case scenario is Missouri State keeps it close.

If Iowa loses this game then the program is much much worse than we thought. Truthfully, if we lose this game KF should be fired before he makes it to the locker room after the game.

If Iowa were to lose this game, we will likely go 0-12, and Kurt would be gone before the year's out. In fact, while I don't think we should fire him, if we were to lose tomorrow, I'd support firing Ferentz before Monday.

If Iowa were to lose this game, we will likely go 0-12, and Kurt would be gone before the year's out. In fact, while I don't think we should fire him, if we were to lose tomorrow, I'd support firing Ferentz before Monday.

None of this is going to happen. Fact.

Latest posts