This iowa team is nearly unwatchable

Biggusblockus

in it's current state. Horrible defense, terrible shooting, etc.

Yet, I still sit there, watching, hoping they can put it together one day.

Getting beat at penn st by 20 certainly isn't going to sit well, but there is always that wonderful buffer time between losses that makes hope spring eternal...

in it's current state. Horrible defense, terrible shooting, etc.Yet, I still sit there, watching, hoping they can put it together one day.Getting beat at penn st by 20 certainly isn't going to sit well, but there is always that wonderful buffer time between losses that makes hope spring eternal...

Thought we were down 14 with the whole second half left?

It's pretty bad...Still losing, just losing quicker than Lick's teams did....same old story though. Hopefully this new talent helps out with everything.

It's pretty bad...Still losing, just losing quicker than Lick's teams did....same old story though. Hopefully this new talent helps out with everything.

Talent doesn't mean much if u can't teach it to break a press defense.

Then you don't remember the same years as I. Iowa lost before it even step on the court, because 40 points wasn't going to get it done.

Pretty much expected after another long break for a developmental team whose only reliable players are a freshman, sophomore and senior (occasionally). After that, the production, consistency and mental toughness drops off pretty significantly. So, yea, only having 3 guys makes it pretty tough to compete, night in / night out.

Nice comeback to make it respectable- I'm glad I kept watching if only to see Gatens play the second half. Outstanding effort Matt!

Too bad you didn't get more help from your teammates...

McCabe 2 points fouled out.
Oglesby couldn't throw it in the ocean or make FT's.
May complete non factor (back injury)
Basabe choked at the line (again).

We will only be better next year if these guys have their minutes drastically reduced by incoming recruits. Oglesby gets a pass for being a freshman, but I have seen enough of McCabe, May and Basabe to accept they have hit their ceilings. McCabe just mystifies me with his poor decision making.

Sad these guys collectively sucked while Gatens played his butt off, putting the team on his shoulders. Guys couldn't even make freaking free throws.

Here's a solution. Pick up that remote. Put your index finger on the "off" button. Push the "off" button. And quick bi#chin like a baby.

Iowa needs more players that have tattoos that say "Life as a G." But, those players need to stick around and graduate.

Is it just me or does it seem like Josh O shoots a fadeaway 3 almost every time? When he is on, his shot is straight up and that's how it should be.

Latest posts