This Board: Losersville

ChosenChildren

I was at the Minnesota game. Yes, we lost. It was a heartbreaking defeat. We should have won. We didn't. We made a ton of mistakes, but I didn't see any lack of effort.

I'm not giving up on this coaching staff or this team. We're going to beat Michigan saturday.

And all of these negative losers on this board: You make me sick to my stomach. My God, the negativity and personal comments about coaches and players. Nobody felt worse about this loss than KF and his coaching staff. Let it go and move on, people.

It was one game. ONE GAME. Jerry Kill is a good coach. We had almost 500 yards of total offense. I'm not discouraged in the least. What is wrong with you people? Are you as negative in your personal life as you are on this board?

LOSERS

Amen. (except for Jerry Kill, he's a gomer). But yes, it sucks, I can't strut around like a proud rooster this year about my Hawks, but life goes on, it has to. why does it have to be about pointing fingers and blaming...

Posts like this are so dumb...I havent jumped off a bridge but people who have are fully justified. MN is historically bad this year

not really justified if you have ever had any real problems in life... (example, child with a brain tumor with 5% chance of living). I love the hawks, but this is a sports team, im not going to call out players or coaches that i think are good people because of a bad year...

You know, a lot of people just like to talk football and think Iowa should be doing different things (even when we aren't losing to Minnesota).

I am still not completely sure why I can't comment on coach's and players onfield performance without it being deemed a personal attack or calling out. I guess I will stick to comments about how nice our stadium looks with patriotic cards and how much I like our uniforms.......

Nobody died. It is just a football game.

Move on down the road. Michigan is coming to town.

You can't have it both ways. You can't expect fans to sell out games, buy merchandise, contribute to the university, and be basically be passionate when the team is doing well then expect them to shut that off when the team is doing poorly, shrug their shoulders and say its just a game.

I was at the Minnesota game. Yes, we lost. It was a heartbreaking defeat. We should have won. We didn't. We made a ton of mistakes, but I didn't see any lack of effort.

I'm not giving up on this coaching staff or this team. We're going to beat Michigan saturday.

And all of these negative losers on this board: You make me sick to my stomach. My God, the negativity and personal comments about coaches and players. Nobody felt worse about this loss than KF and his coaching staff. Let it go and move on, people.

It was one game. ONE GAME. Jerry Kill is a good coach. We had almost 500 yards of total offense. I'm not discouraged in the least. What is wrong with you people? Are you as negative in your personal life as you are on this board?

LOSERS

This is the point its not just one game. Its a couple of these games every year where we lose to teams we shouldnt.

Also losers most of the time dont question things they just keep doing what there doing.

OP,

I've sat "quietly" by and read all the comments after yesterday.
I understand there's angst on your part on the flamethrowing and personal attacks.

However, and I think I'm level headed....the program isn't going anywhere. We go 7-5 with major NFL talent. We keep making the same mistakes over and over. We are getting handled by lesser and medicore talent IMO.

I think people's opinions that a change wouldn't be disastrous is not out of line.

LOSERS

I don't think all the people being negative (including me) are that way in their personal life, we are all just realistic and don't live in a dream world with fantasies like some and see this team as it is, BAD.

Living in denial and thinking this team is better then they are and can go 3-1 in November is worse than being negative IMO. You're just setting yourself up to be disappointed.

YES, this team is not that good. BUT why do we have to say someone has to go because of it? I think it is talent, execution, and coaching. I dont think KF has to go though...

I am still not completely sure why I can't comment on coach's and players onfield performance without it being deemed a personal attack or calling out. I guess I will stick to comments about how nice our
stadium looks with patriotic cards and how much I like our uniforms.......

Lol

YES, this team is not that good. BUT why do we have to say someone has to go because of it? I think it is talent, execution, and coaching. I dont think KF has to go though...

I'm not saying KF does need to go but changes do need to be made. Iowa is the same team as they were 13 years ago and other teams have this figured out. I don't think radical changes like installing the spread needs to be made, but something has to change, and especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Also who is responsible for the talent, execution and coaching?

Edit: People will point to 2009 and say the same thing lead to an Orange Bowl win, but take a closer look at that season and look how lucky Iowa got. AC blocked a punt for a TD at PSU, Sash picked off a pass that pinballed around when Indiana was about to put the nail in the coffin, we score with no time left against MSU to win, blocked not 1 but 2 freakin FG's against UNI to win. That 09 team probably should have been 7-5 as well.

Last edited:
yeah, i know. but they've made changes this year, they've passed more than they have in a long time, they've blitzed more, they've went no huddle, even hurry up, etc. I just think the cupboard is pretty bare overall, especially where we need it, on the D Line, and it's bare because we have like 9 in the pros...

There is a way to be critical and dissapointed without being over reactionary and dumb and that can be annoying to read (yes, I have been over reactionary and dumb myself).

That said, it's kind of silly to expect rationality on a sports message board so soon after a terrible loss. This board is no different than any other board.

Latest posts