The third period of ...

CRwrestling

Ballweg, E lofthouse, Gambrall, and even MM were bad. All looked gassed. None of them were able to push the action at the end. Hopefully it is a case of Brands pushing them hard right now a getting ready big tens.

The third periods of McD, Ramos, L lofthouse, Raising, and even jansen were impressive. Specifically the pace that McD and Ramos are going the entire match is incredible. I really think that McD will separate from Precin now. His matches are turning into a buzzsaw, constant flurry. I don't see anyone able to keep up.

Gambrall was gassed after the first! That was the worst match I've seen him wrestle. There are times in a match when it is ok to stall, none of which come in the 2nd period. I hope he's carrying Brands up and down Carver during practice today. Raising actually did a good job of keeping the pace. Good match for him.

Congrats to the Hawks for winning the regular season during our "rebuilding year"!!!

Ballweg is just to undersize to go the full three periods. He was okay at 141#, but noy 149#. This is my opinion anyway. Raising looks like he can just, keep going. Gambrall and E.Lofthouse controlled six minutes of their matches, and then quit.

I really want to believe in Gambrall this post season, but I just don't see any spark. Maybe I'm totally misreading this one, but I was pretty disappointed in yesterdays match. I know he wrestled a tough kid in a difficult atmosphere, but that's an even better reason to go all out the entire match.

Ballweg is just to undersize to go the full three periods. He was okay at 141#, but noy 149#. This is my opinion anyway. Raising looks like he can just, keep going. Gambrall and E.Lofthouse controlled six minutes of their matches, and then quit.

I don't think he's undersized to go three periods, I just think it's much harder for him to get out under the bigger guys. the 49's are just too long for him. I think he'd have much more success just going neutral because he's been riden in nearly all of his matches at 49 but has looked ok on his feet.

I don't think Gambrall has yet bought into the system, I think he is the last one they need to get focused. With this two weeks of training upcoming he will either buy in or just be hurting for 2 weeks of intense training.

Those mentioned did look a little sluggish last night. However, Brands and Co. will have these guys peaking at the right time which is the Big Tens and Nationals.

Iowa Football brings in the GREEN but IOWA WRESTLING brings home the GOLD!

I agree 174 and 184 looked out of it the third period. I know the insiders really like this pair, but- 174 is usually good. 184- never seems in great shape or intense. As I see it. But I'm just looking in.

I'm still not convinced McD can beat Precin.

That headlock isn't going to be there for a second time. Precin really controlled both of those matches up until the throw.

Latest posts