The smack talk on CyFan died quickly....

HawksMN

Started to rub our noses in it, then bam they fall flat on their face too. Conf. title gone for those guys.

Things have gotten interesting in the state of Iowa.
Cyclone & Hawkeye football teams reaching for relevancy and both basketball teams are currently ranked. I just thought I'd throw that out there for all those who say, "Shame on any of you for expecting greatness from a program stuck in a state with zero resources".

Recent developments expose that argument for the crap it is.

I never post on cyclonefanatic, but I do read it. It is great entertainment. The rivalry forum is pure comedy from Iowa and Iowa State fans. Most of them with zero ability to look at the other team objectively. Just constant fighting with gigantic tinted glasses on.

I never post on cyclonefanatic, but I do read it. It is great entertainment. The rivalry forum is pure comedy from Iowa and Iowa State fans. Most of them with zero ability to look at the other team objectively. Just constant fighting with gigantic tinted glasses on.
Agreed - both sides.

Things have gotten interesting in the state of Iowa.
Cyclone & Hawkeye football teams reaching for relevancy and both basketball teams are currently ranked. I just thought I'd throw that out there for all those who say, "Shame on any of you for expecting greatness from a program stuck in a state with zero resources".

Recent developments expose that argument for the crap it is.
Neither team is great. The top five ranked teams have that title

upload_2019-2-20_5-5-40.jpeg

I used to post over there as a Clown fan. I was a ClintonIA-type poster and was as over the top, if not more, than he is. I stopped posting when I realized that all I was doing was fitting in.

It sucks to lose - but good god, it's part of sports and no one is immune. Loses always suck but they can be a great motivator and teaching tool to help fuel greater heights. It's a missed opportunity but Iowa still has plenty of ball left to play. There were a lot of people complaining that Iowa might be using up all it's "luck" to early in the year - well, now you can chill out a bit.

ISU losing at home to Baylor when they were 10 point favorites and within striking distance of a big 12 title is a very Iowa State thing to do. Kind of like losing to Texas in football last year with a conference championship game within reach.

I've watched Iowa State quite a few times this year. They have some really good guards, but their bigs are just pure garbage. Jacobson is terrible and Lard is a massive enigma (or headcase). Its no wonder Iowa took a dump on their chest this year, they have nobody who can stop Cook or even Pemsl on one leg.

It's just a weird team. They've lost home games where they were 10 point favorites. I'm guessing that's as many home games they've lost as a 10 point favorite in the last 10 years. And, Baylor our daddy for some reason. Cannot beat that time.

My eight year old really wanted to go to the game last night despite the start time. I let him. He couldn't figure out what was happening. It was his first real Cyclone gut punch that he was invested in. Get used to it son.

It's just a weird team. They've lost home games where they were 10 point favorites. I'm guessing that's as many home games they've lost as a 10 point favorite in the last 10 years. And, Baylor our daddy for some reason. Cannot beat that time.

My eight year old really wanted to go to the game last night despite the start time. I let him. He couldn't figure out what was happening. It was his first real Cyclone gut punch that he was invested in. Get used to it son.
What's your impression of Tyrese Halliburton? To me, he's kind of like my favorite Hawkeye, Kenyon Murray. He does everything, and people notice him, but don't necessarily truly appreciate how valuable he really is. Did you expect anything close to 7.1ppg, 3.6 rpg, 4.1apg, 1.6spg? Gotta be a bright spot going forward.

I thought he'd red shirt this year, so I obviously didn't expect much. He got mono just before the season too. Right now he's really just a spot up shooter. How good he can be going forward will depend on how much he can develop his skill set, because right now he's just kind of hanging between Shayok and Weiler-Babb, two seniors with skill that take a lot of pressure off of him. They'll be gone next year, so a lot more will be asked of him.

I thought he'd red shirt this year, so I obviously didn't expect much. He got mono just before the season too. Right now he's really just a spot up shooter. How good he can be going forward will depend on how much he can develop his skill set, because right now he's just kind of hanging between Shayok and Weiler-Babb, two seniors with skill that take a lot of pressure off of him. They'll be gone next year, so a lot more will be asked of him.
So you don't appreciate how valuable he is. He's the team leader in steals, blocks, and is a close second in assists. This is from a guy that wasn't expected to contribute much at all this year.

He's valuable obviously. What I was talking about was going forward. He takes basically only wide open 3 pointers fed from other people. If you think that will be enough in the future we'll agree to disagree.

It’s fun. Any reasonable posts either way get shouted down so it is just a flame war. I don’t think the people that post believe 20% of what they say, they just say it to instigate.