The "shove"

#1DieHardHawk

The WNBA upgraded the obvious flagrant to a flagrant one (how magnanimous of them....) but how this unhinged situation will be handled moving forward will be an interesting situation to watch.

A lot of layers here:

If the league comes down hard and starts suspending players, will that actually benefit Caitlin? A part of me thinks she would be better off if the league took a hands-off approach and lets the festering evil destroy itself (despite attempts to hide, hate and envy always expose themselves). The problem is, the league undoubtedly recognizes that ignoring the situation would be a revenue death-blow. Nevertheless, protecting its cash cow could exacerbate the very hate and envy it is trying to squash.

Where were Caitlin's teammates? Are they just timid and afraid, or are they part of the problem? Can you imagine if the same occurred with Steph Curry?

Should Caitlin keep taking the high road and be the classy person that she is, or should she hint that perhaps she might prop up a different league, say 3 on 3 or something new? That would open some eyes, but my guess is she'll roll with it.

Last edited:
about the time cc gets seriously injured, these idiots running the show may finally be held accountable.

What you should know about Chennedy Carter when you digest the article. She has a history.

Since she turned 22 in 2020, she was eligible for the 2020 draft. On March 29, Chennedy Carter declared for the WNBA draft, forgoing her senior season.[3] On April 17, she was drafted fourth overall in the 2020 WNBA Draft by the Atlanta Dream. She became the highest drafted player in Texas A&M history."

"In July 2021, the Dream suspended Carter indefinitely for "conduct detrimental to the team."[6] It was reported that before the suspension, Carter indicated she wanted to fight another Dream player who had asked her to improve her attitude during a game.[7] Carter did not play again for the Dream after the suspension, and the team traded her to the Los Angeles Sparks for the 2022 season.

In her season on the Sparks, Carter played in 24 games and started two of those.[6] She averaged "8.9 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.9 assists in 16.4 minutes per game" in that season.[8] In March 2023, the Sparks waived Carter and were obligated to pay her protected $86,701 salary under the terms of the contract.[9] The Los Angeles Times reported that Carter had been benched for "poor conduct" during the season.[8] After Derek Fisher was fired as the team's head coach during the 2022 season, the interim coach, Fred Williams, did not play Carter for four games due to a "coach's decision."[10]

2023 Carter did not play in the WNBA in the 2023 season.[6]

CC had better get used to the physical play in the W. This is the pros, now. They are going to be tough on CC all the time, her whole careeer.

The best thing the Fever can do for CC is to get a well oiled offense that can't double team her at the top. The Fever are improved but they are not yet a well oiled offense.

This stuck out to me from the game yesterday. Towards the end of the game a bucket would've given the Feever some breathing room, less than a minute to go I think, CC being doubled out front but they work a play where Kelsie Mitchell gets a wide open shot about 10 feet on the left baseline...........air ball!

The League has to assert itself before Caitlin on another player get injured

It has become thug ball on occasion and this is not a good look at all

Why doesn't the Fever coach demand replays and make an uproar about the thuggery

Something has to be done or they risk the possibility of losing Caitlin who certainly doesn't
need the $, and then the Fever attendance goes back to pitiful and the attendance at the
visitors will collapse and revenue will certainly fall

Way beyond shooting one self in the foot

Stop The Mayhem

This stuck out to me from the game yesterday. Towards the end of the game a bucket would've given the Feever some breathing room, less than a minute to go I think, CC being doubled out front but they work a play where Kelsie Mitchell gets a wide open shot about 10 feet on the left baseline...........air ball!
There's also been multiple times where CC drives towards a double team, picks up her dribble to pass and everyone else is standing way behind the 3 pt line including the person whose defender left her to double. CC has prob gotten 2 extra TOs a game on this. Over time, they'll fix it but right now their offense looks like no one knows the play a majority of the time.

The WNBA upgraded the obvious flagrant to a flagrant one (how magnanimous of them....) but how this unhinged situation will be handled moving forward will be an interesting situation to watch.

A lot of layers here:

If the league comes down hard and starts suspending players, will that actually benefit Caitlin? A part of me thinks she would be better off if the league took a hands-off approach and lets the festering evil destroy itself (despite attempts to hide, hate and envy always expose themselves). The problem is, the league undoubtedly recognizes that ignoring the situation would be a revenue death-blow. Nevertheless, protecting its cash cow could exacerbate the very hate and envy it is trying to squash.

Where were Caitlin's teammates? Are they just timid and afraid, or are they part of the problem? Can you imagine if the same occurred with Steph Curry?

Should Caitlin keep taking the high road and be the classy person that she is, or should she hint that perhaps she might prop up a different league, say 3 on 3 or something new? That would open some eyes, but my guess is she'll roll with it.

Unfortunately, the "festering evil" will not destroy itself. After warnings from WNBA vets before the season even started that Clark "would get hers" upon arrival, Carter's decking of CC is what everyone has expected since game 1 -- I'm surprised there hasn't been more of it.
It needs to be dealt with by suspensions, period. Head coaches should also be fined when it happens, because they set the tone and allow it. Afterward, it should be denounced by the head coach of the transgressor. Of course, this would require class -- and I guess we're about to find out if the WNBA has any, from the Commish down to the head coaches.
As I thought about it, I wondered the same thing about the lack of response from other Fever players. The lack of immediate response I think was due to there not being any other Fever players in the immediate vicinity, and the others probably didn't see it. I'm typically not a vengeful person, but in that case, the next time Carter walked down the court, she should have been blind-sided and decked by the Fever's biggest player. And the with all the celebrating the Reese did after Clark got decked, she should have gotten the same treatment the next time she stepped onto the court. Period. Gotta make punks think twice before doing stuff like that again.
My guess is that 90% of WNBA players are thankful for CC and her impact on the league -- after all, they're not dumb. Her simple presence has brought immediate charter flights, and her impact on their salaries after the next media deal will put significant cash in their pockets.

The League has to assert itself before Caitlin on another player get injured

It has become thug ball on occasion and this is not a good look at all

Why doesn't the Fever coach demand replays and make an uproar about the thuggery

Something has to be done or they risk the possibility of losing Caitlin who certainly doesn't
need the $, and then the Fever attendance goes back to pitiful and the attendance at the
visitors will collapse and revenue will certainly fall

Way beyond shooting one self in the foot

Stop The Mayhem
This. What I can't figure out is why the Players Union isn't out front on this issue?

I watched the whole game. I was finally able to get through an entire WNBA game. That one beautiful play kept me in it. Thinking the Fever coach understood they could mix in a little transition. It was a thing of beauty. Executed a step better than we saw in any of Iowa's best transition highlights. Then it went back to Boston taking 4 shots to sink one from beneath the net (at least she got her rebounds) and Mitchell putting up wide open airballs.

That's what will kill the game for me. Bad, boring basketball. Yah. Decking a player on an inbound before the ball is in play? Just bad basketball. I don't care what the cause was. Or the intent. It's just bad basketball.

I watched the whole game. I was finally able to get through an entire WNBA game. That one beautiful play kept me in it. Thinking the Fever coach understood they could mix in a little transition. It was a thing of beauty. Executed a step better than we saw in any of Iowa's best transition highlights. Then it went back to Boston taking 4 shots to sink one from beneath the net (at least she got her rebounds) and Mitchell putting up wide open airballs.

That's what will kill the game for me. Bad, boring basketball. Yah. Decking a player on an inbound before the ball is in play? Just bad basketball. I don't care what the cause was. Or the intent. It's just bad basketball.

This was a excellent play by the Fever in the fourth quarter

Last edited:
There's also been multiple times where CC drives towards a double team, picks up her dribble to pass and everyone else is standing way behind the 3 pt line including the person whose defender left her to double. CC has prob gotten 2 extra TOs a game on this. Over time, they'll fix it but right now their offense looks like no one knows the play a majority of the time.
Yeah they gotta stop trying set ball screens so close to the sideline for her to get trapped so easily. It's just a stupid offensive strategy that they seem to do a lot. She's gotten a little better about reading it and backing away before doing it but it still happened yesterday once. It's all about where you try to set that screen at to start with. You dribble yourself into the corner and you just make it so much tougher on yourself

Yeah they gotta stop trying set ball screens so close to the sideline for her to get trapped so easily. It's just a stupid offensive strategy that they seem to do a lot. She's gotten a little better about reading it and backing away before doing it but it still happened yesterday once. It's all about where you try to set that screen at to start with. You dribble yourself into the corner and you just make it so much tougher on yourself

Fever has to adjust to Caitlin's style and take advantage of it

Fever has to adjust to Caitlin's style and take advantage of it

Or at least adopt the only proven method of beating Uconn/South Carolina style basketball.
By outrunning them and outworking them to get space.
When you have someone who's proven to be able to see a teammate that has an extra step (or more) on a defender.

Course, now you have to convince veterans to work and work hard.

Or at least adopt the only proven method of beating Uconn/South Carolina style basketball.
By outrunning them and outworking them to get space.
When you have someone who's proven to be able to see a teammate that has an extra step (or more) on a defender.

Course, now you have to convince veterans to work and work hard.
Mission Impossible 3 Rewatch GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

The Impossible Mission

Several pundits and "celebrities" are characterizing this as "physical" play that Clark should expect at the pro level.

Um, physical play is taking a hard shot while driving the rim or rebounding, NOT being blindsided by a cheap shot during a dead-ball situation. I'm sure these are the same geniuses that can't seem to clarify the difference between trash talk and taunting.

Latest posts