The Search: Saturday Afternoon

Spent some time on the phone this afternoon as u make my way from Tampa to Sanibel Island

jumped on Twitter to post that Brownell was out but saw the Register had something along those lines too: Keno quiets Iowa rumors; Brownell out | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

I am feeling the Barta has zeroed in on Brian Gregory. More on this this evening when I get off the road..now into the DQ for a dilly bar!

Jon,

Inquiring minds want to know: Chocolate, Strawberry or Butterscotch???

In all seriousness though, take some time to relax and enjoy your vacation. We'll be here agonizing over who the next coach will be and "discussing" the merits of every internet rumor until the announcement is made. Of course then we'll be here "discussing" why Barta made either the right choice or the wrong choice. And in all reality none of us will know how the choice will work out until we see the results on the court and in the recruiting wars over the next few years.

But seriously...

If Barta is focused on Gregory, a lot of work could already be done before an interview. If there's an interview...

Hypothetically speaking of course...if Gregory is the guy he has a certain 4* pg at Dayton that is in the upcoming class. Juwan Staton is the 44th rated player in the country currently and committed to Dayton in 2008. With Tucker gone Iowa has an open scholly....everyone here knows we need another pg.

Hypothetically speaking of course...if Gregory is the guy he has a certain 4* pg at Dayton that is in the upcoming class. Juwan Staton is the 44th rated player in the country currently and committed to Dayton in 2008. With Tucker gone Iowa has an open scholly....everyone here knows we need another pg.

Any chance he has a 6'11" top 10 rated center as well???

I think Gregory would be an acceptable hire...better than any other mid-major still out there...would he bring the oak hill pg and the simeon wing guy with him? it would be a lot cooler if he did.

I'll be impressed if he can just see the immediate need for an athletic guard and use Tucker's ride to get one (or bring one) for 2010.

Latest posts