The saddest thing about it all

GoHawks24

Is that nothing will change.

Weisman will still get the majority of the carries and average 3 yards a carry.

Bullock will also be favored over Canzeri for some unexplainable reason.

Jake will still trot out as our starter next week. CJ will only get into the game when Rudock gets injured. What in the **** was the point in playing CJ one series, ONE!? What was the goal Kirk had in mind? I have NO IDEA.

Willies and Powell, probably our 2 biggest home run threats, will play a combined 10 snaps.

Running backs will consistently get open out of the backfield on our LB's.

It's almost as if Kirk is deliberately trying to throw it in Hawkeye fan's faces, proving that he's the boss and will do things the way he wants. It's just sad, and super frustrating. At least my pro team, the Eagles, isn't afraid to be aggressive on offense, thank goodness.

I agree, little will change unless its a forced issue, like 2004. What's interesting is their running game this year isn't much better than the 2004 team. If yesterday proved anything, it proved that.

Is that nothing will change.

Weisman will still get the majority of the carries and average 3 yards a carry.

Bullock will also be favored over Canzeri for some unexplainable reason.

Jake will still trot out as our starter next week. CJ will only get into the game when Rudock gets injured. What in the **** was the point in playing CJ one series, ONE!? What was the goal Kirk had in mind? I have NO IDEA.

Willies and Powell, probably our 2 biggest home run threats, will play a combined 10 snaps.

Running backs will consistently get open out of the backfield on our LB's.

It's almost as if Kirk is deliberately trying to throw it in Hawkeye fan's faces, proving that he's the boss and will do things the way he wants. It's just sad, and super frustrating. At least my pro team, the Eagles, isn't afraid to be aggressive on offense, thank goodness.

Probably not true, but it definitely feels that way.

Probably not true, but it definitely feels that way.

I just can't come up with a reasonable explanation.

Is he just that f'n stupid that he can't realize that what he's doing on offense just doesn't work? It's pretty obvious that something drastic needs to change, but never does. Also, if he's going to play the game as conservatively as he does, then you need to be able to know how to manage a game clock. Otherwise, that's the most stubbornness I've ever freaking witnessed out of somebody.

Expect Kirk to be testy this week. I am guessing Beathard sees a few more series against Pitt. We have nothing to lose. It's frustrating to see how bad we are.

I think the saddest thing is Scherff coming back for his senior season, and having to muddle his way through this schedule with a ****-poor offense and risk further injury and his career.

I think the saddest thing is Scherff coming back for his senior season, and having to muddle his way through this schedule with a ****-poor offense and risk further injury and his career.
No doubt that's why he was the first to hustle of the field. Probably pretty ****** at the crapfest he decided to return to.

Hey man, Weisman has 96 yards on the ground so far.

Kirk is hold back the playmakers until the Big Ten season.

This team would destroy those teams in teh 1970's

No doubt that's why he was the first to hustle of the field. Probably pretty ****** at the crapfest he decided to return to.

Maybe he will turn into the 2008 version of Mitch King and go I had enough of this BS, he becomes the leader of the team and they rally behind him.............rattle off a bunch of victories in a row. I know, I know wishful thinking.

Expect Kirk to be testy this week. I am guessing Beathard sees a few more series against Pitt. We have nothing to lose. It's frustrating to see how bad we are.
I don't think we see CJ at all. It will only create more controversy. IMO CJ will take more chances to try to win. It appears Jake is just a KF drone.

Things will change if

1. Fans don't go to the games.
2. Big supporters apply pressure for change.
3. Iowa keeps losing because of stupidity in their offensive schemes, ineptitude in game clock management, and lack of offensive adjustments to defensive alignments. Then, #1 and #2 happen.

I just can't come up with a reasonable explanation.

Is he just that f'n stupid that he can't realize that what he's doing on offense just doesn't work? It's pretty obvious that something drastic needs to change, but never does. Also, if he's going to play the game as conservatively as he does, then you need to be able to know how to manage a game clock. Otherwise, that's the most stubbornness I've ever freaking witnessed out of somebody.

You must not have been around for 2007. That was stubbornness magnified to the power of 10. We had two all conference caliber RBs and yet continued to throw the ball with a QB that couldn't hit the broadside of a barn if he was standing in front of it....it'd end up in the dirt 2 yds short. JR, for all his short comings can at least hit a receiver in the hands.

In the past we had boring offenses but we would have a good defense and what we knew was we were fundamentally sound and we would execute plays correctly. Our players knew their assignments and even if we didn't do much on offense we would force a turnover and make something happen. Right now we have a totally confused team. KF has got everyone so scared to think that they're playing like puppets. KF has even scared himself out of coaching. I never thought I'd see an Iowa coach just roll over and let the other team do as they wished but this game I saw it and for the first time ever I want Kirk Ferentz replaced.

Latest posts