The question nobody is asking re:Nebraska

HAWKEYESTATE4ever

Assuming this move goes through, when would they actually start playing in the Big Ten? I know this is also contingent on who else joins, and when they join, but I would think once the first one falls into place, others will follow.

I was thinking it would be either 2012 or 2013. Thoughts?

Also, the conference would surely have to have a new name. Would they simply go w/ the "Big 14" or the "Big 16?"

Actually, I think I have seen that question asked a number of times tonight. I don't think anyone really knows because part of it depends on how quickly the Big 12 implodes.

I understand Big 10 is a brand name, but with 16 teams you have to admit it's pretty stupid. The Big 16 is a little long winded and doesn't have much of a ring to it. Why not just change the name to the Big Confrence and call it the Big C. That's not that big of a change and you just call it the Big C network.

Actually, I think I have seen that question asked a number of times tonight. I don't think anyone really knows because part of it depends on how quickly the Big 12 implodes.

Haha, OK. Thanks though. I have not seen it in any thread titles, and I have not opened every thread due to the high amount.

Man, Miller struck a gold mine when launching this site. This traffic numbers have to be sick considering that in the 8 months since he's launched we've had The best start in Iowa football history, an Orange Bowl victory, Todd Lickliter firing/Fran McCaffery hiring, and now EXPANSION! Wow. Congrats to you, Mr. Miller.

Haha, OK. Thanks though. I have not seen it in any thread titles, and I have not opened every thread due to the high amount.

Man, Miller struck a gold mine when launching this site. This traffic numbers have to be sick considering that in the 8 months since he's launched we've had The best start in Iowa football history, an Orange Bowl victory, Todd Lickliter firing/Fran McCaffery hiring, and now EXPANSION! Wow. Congrats to you, Mr. Miller.

Sometimes you get lucky; sometimes you make your own luck. In Jon's case, I would suggest both. (I agree with you.) :)